Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Motivational prizes for self

mudpies

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 5:17 am
I need some ideas.
No time, no money, and no extra calories to spare Smile But I need a prize that will motivate me. Nothing too big or major, but big enough that I'll do it.
What do you use to motivate yourself?

salt

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 5:23 am
An full uninterrupted hour to browse imamother Smile

Or whatever other website you want...

(oh, sorry just saw you said you have no time either.
So maybe not an hour)

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:05 pm
Socks? Good smelling shampoo?

writeread

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:08 pm
What do you usually not allow yourself? Or can you compromise on either time or money or calories?

marvinkay

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:47 pm
I treat myself to a razzel from sprinkles!

marvinkay

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:50 pm
Or a pedi!

StylishTichel

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:04 pm
mudpies wrote:
I need some ideas.
No time, no money, and no extra calories to spare Smile But I need a prize that will motivate me. Nothing too big or major, but big enough that I'll do it.
What do you use to motivate yourself?

- treat yourself to an at home spa day - long bath with exfoliating body wash, tweeze eyebrows (lol), maybe a diy haircut, Mani Pedi, get dh or bribe a kid to massage u for a few mins 😆. Put on relaxing music in the background. But you'd need time for that.
- speak to a friend/ someone that you enjoy spending time with. You can even do a diy brunch date at one of ur houses. Again would take time.

Can't really think of anything that is free, not food and not time consuming.

advocate

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:33 pm
I love to brainstorm...

Could you trade rewards with a friend? I'm thinking if time and money are limited, maybe you could do something for a friend, and she could do for you. Do an errand for you so you could take a little time for yourself?

Meet a friend for lunch, and you each make a lunch for the other.

Do you like to read? Borrow a book and have a little bubble bath... Put towels and pajamas in the dryer (dry) before you get in and ask a family member to deliver them to you!

If you a mikveh-goer, could you light a candle and have a bubble bath during your soak? No extra time!

If you use disposables, could you buy extra-pretty napkins for Shabbos - different than what you usually do?

Rosh Chodesh is around the corner! If you do laundry daily, you just got some free time! Dress up a bit for Rosh Chodesh.

If you have a car, vacuum it, or ask a child to vacuum it - it will feel fresh and uplifting!

Call or write or text and old friend. I love sending and receiving real mail....

If you have kids at home, ask them to hide notes for you!

When you eat a meal, set the table beautifully for yourself!

If you like perfumed things, add a little scent when you wash your stockings.

Put a heating pad or hot water bottle in your bed for a little cozy treat.

Make cookie dough and freeze it in logs so you can make fresh baked cookies any time.

Trade an item that you already have but don't use with a similar item from a friend - you each get something new! (Or flavored teas)

Get a nail buffer block and shine your nails.

Next time you buy a scrubbie for your sink, buy the one that smiles at you!

If you mail bills or letters, go the post office and buy pretty stamps, not the flags that you can buy anywhere.

Walk around the block. If you really don't have spare time, return a phone call while you're walking!

Ask someone else in your family to put fresh linens on your bed - it will feel like room service!

If you don't normally buy the frum magazines, ask others to save an issue for you and "deliver it" to your home.

If you pm me, I'll send you a little surprise!

Hatzlocha with whatever your goals are!

meo

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:49 pm
Wow these are great! I’m totally getting in on this!

writeread

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 11:36 pm
advocate wrote:
I love to brainstorm...

Could you trade rewards with a friend? I'm thinking if time and money are limited, maybe you could do something for a friend, and she could do for you. Do an errand for you so you could take a little time for yourself?

Do you like to read? Borrow a book and have a little bubble bath... Put towels and pajamas in the dryer (dry) before you get in and ask a family member to deliver them to you!

If you a mikveh-goer, could you light a candle and have a bubble bath during your soak? No extra time!

If you use disposables, could you buy extra-pretty napkins for Shabbos - different than what you usually do?

Rosh Chodesh is around the corner! If you do laundry daily, you just got some free time! Dress up a bit for Rosh Chodesh.

If you have a car, vacuum it, or ask a child to vacuum it - it will feel fresh and uplifting!

Call or write or text and old friend. I love sending and receiving real mail....

Make cookie dough and freeze it in logs so you can make fresh baked cookies any time.

Trade an item that you already have but don't use with a similar item from a friend - you each get something new! (Or flavored teas)

If you mail bills or letters, go the post office and buy pretty stamps, not the flags that you can buy anywhere.

Walk around the block. If you really don't have spare time, return a phone call while you're walking!

Ask someone else in your family to put fresh linens on your bed - it will feel like room service!

If you don't normally buy the frum magazines, ask others to save an issue for you and "deliver it" to your home.

Wow. You took creativity to a new level. I was totally stumped at the no time/money/calories requirement, but you came up with so many amazing ideas.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 12:42 am
advocate wrote:
I love to brainstorm...

Love these ideas!
And I hope op reached out to you for the last idea Wink
(Will you fill us in? We’re super curious! Jk! Don’t spill the beans!)

mudpies

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 12:19 pm
I didn't mean NO time/money/calories. Let me rephrase that. I can do something let's say under $5, something I can do with a 2 year old around, or something that has some calories but nothing major. Better?
Super impressed at the suggestions and creativity so far!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics