Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Jewish brand laundry instructions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:35 am
As I do my laundry I cant help but wonder why all the Jewish brand items say not to dry vs the other items say tumble dry. My boys wear polos and and the US Polo, Target ones say to be dried, all lillegg, tottini say hang to dry/lay flat. Same with all the clothing I buy from jewish store vs non jewish, baby stretchies... Anyone have any insight? Im truly curious.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 12:02 pm
Printing and stocking labels costs money. The more generic a label is, the fewer different labels a manufacturer needs to keep in stock. That's why some manufacturers instruct "Dry Clean" on things that can safely be laundered--with a few exceptions, things that can be laundered can be dry-cleaned, and a "Dry Clean" label can be used on those items as well as on items that really require dry cleaning. It also protects the manufacturer, because if a consumer decides that laying a cotton/polyester shirt flat to dry is insane, machine-dries it, and is dissatisfied with the results, the seller claims that the customer didn't follow the instructions and it's not the seller's responsibility.

There are very few washable things that would be damaged by being dried flat, so by using those labels on everything, the seller a. saves the expense of printing and stocking multiple labels and b. averts the possibility of someone shrinking or otherwise damaging items in the dryer and demanding a refund.

The fact of the matter is that machine drying shortens the shelf life of the garment, encourages pilling and fading, and sets stains.

Oh, and did I mention shrinking?

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 12:29 pm
Cuz then when you return something that shrank they can say oh you probably dried it.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 12:33 pm
They want no liability
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry