Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
New kosher by design
1  2  3  4  Next

Shimmysmom

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 9:28 am
yay! is anyone else as excited as me?! this once looks like its more healthy which is great!
http://kosherbydesign.com/

imokay

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 9:31 am
I'm excited too- but.... as long as it's really new recipes with new photos- not all the old ones with small changes to make it healthier along with the old photos (like the pesach one- it was such a dissapointment)- so while I will buy it, I dont wanna get my hopes up too high...

MMEC123

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 9:34 am
I bought a different "light" kosher cookbook and was disappointed to find almost every recipe contain artificial sweeteners. I don't use splenda, etc. and I would love healthy recipes that aren't packed with splenda. So I won't get excited about this one until I see it...

chaylizi

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 9:39 am
I intensely dislike the way splenda tastes.
I was also very disappointed with the pesach one. I don't use half the ingredients on pesach. Cnaned foods & matzah meal, etc.. I barely opened it.

Raisin

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 10:14 am
chaylizi wrote:
I was also very disappointed with the pesach one. I don't use half the ingredients on pesach. Cnaned foods & matzah meal, etc.. I barely opened it.

I would alaso never get the pesach one because we don't eat gebrokts, or much paclkaged stuff. the spice and spirit pesach cookbook is great if you have chumros.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:19 am
Yay! But I'm with imokay - I hope its new recipes.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:21 am
I hope this cookbook is not like her others where for most recipies you need somtrhing that you never have in your house

bubby

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:27 am
What's it called?

bubby

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:30 am
I just clicked on the web link from Shimmysmom. It's not coming out until we've all gained at least 10lb over Yom Tov! I need it NOW!!!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:34 am
Read the link. It says "145 brand new recipes, 320 pages," meaning around 150 recipes are old ones, recompiled. It also mentioned using "sweeteners" in a healthy new way.

shoppingmom

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:40 am
Raisin wrote:

I would alaso never get the pesach one because we don't eat gebrokts, or much paclkaged stuff. the spice and spirit pesach cookbook is great if you have chumros.

What's this Spice and Spirit cookbook? I have never seen it (it's being mentioned on the forum very often). Does it have another name? Is it a heimisha cookbook?

OldYoung

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:53 am
Spice and Spirit is, as described, "the Betty Crocker of Kosher Cookbooks." You can probably find it at most Jewish bookstores and a number of places online.

http://www.amazon.com/Spice-Sp.....0238X

bubby

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:57 am
It's from the Lubavitch Women's Org...they make a regular one (the fat purple one) & a Pesach one. Both are really good!

greeneyes

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 3:16 pm
Thanks for the link, Shimmysmom! I'm a big fan of Susie Fishbein's cookbooks, so I'm excited! I've been telling my DH for ages that she should come out with a healthier cookbook. LOL

Crayon210

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 5:03 pm
I'm very excited. I'm a cookbook junkie, and I love Susie Fishbein's cookbooks. ;-)

queen

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 5:47 pm
I love her cookbooks.... can't wait! Didn't know another one was on the way, thanks for spreading the news Queen

chaylizi

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 7:48 pm
Raisin wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

thanks I'll remember that for next year IYH.

EBC

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 3:01 pm
Read the link. It says "145 brand new recipes, 320 pages," meaning around 150 recipes are old ones, recompiled. It also mentioned using "sweeteners" in a healthy new way.

it also says 160 pictures-
so that is probably why it is so many pages

pink car

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 2:08 pm
I like her cookbooks, I have 3 of them and use recipes from there

the only thing I dislike is the use of soup mix in all her soups...and some salads....

do you know if this new cookbook uses soup mix too?

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 2:21 pm
EBC wrote:

it also says 160 pictures-
so that is probably why it is so many pages

All her cookbooks average around 300 pages.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics