Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dear frum man at grocery store
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:06 pm
You don't know me. Never saw you before. You saw me looking at the cans of tuna and commented that you have a few at home and no one eats them, did I want them? He gave me his address and said he would put them on his porch.
I got them quietly from the porch and wanted to cry. You didn't know that our income just got sliced by 3/4s due to sudden job loss. That our expenses just increased dramatically as we have to pay for health insurance. That I wasn't sure if I should even buy that can of tuna. One of My kids loves tuna and we all need to eat. So I did because it was on sale. And now I have several cans!!

If this was your DH--- thank you!!! From the bottom of my heart.
A huge chessed. The biggest mitzvah as he didn't make me feel like a pauper- just offered it to get it out of his pantry...

(Trying to get on government benefits will be hard. We make slightly too much especially with unemployment coming in. We have to wait to see how much unemployment will be to see if we can apply...)

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
You don't know me. Never saw you before. You saw me looking at the cans of tuna and commented that you have a few at home and no one eats them, did I want them? He gave me his address and said he would put them on his porch.
I got them quietly from the porch and wanted to cry. You didn't know that our income just got sliced by 3/4s due to sudden job loss. That our expenses just increased dramatically as we have to pay for health insurance. That I wasn't sure if I should even buy that can of tuna. One of My kids loves tuna and we all need to eat. So I did because it was on sale. And now I have several cans!!

A huge chessed. The biggest mitzvah as he didn't make me feel like a pauper- just offered it to get it out of his pantry...

(Trying to get on government benefits will be hard. We make slightly too much especially with unemployment coming in. We have to wait to see how much unemployment will be to see if we can apply...)

Thank you for posting this beautiful story. We are truly part of unmatchable nation. May you soon be in a position of overflowing shefa. See how Hashem sent you this man as a shaliach to remind you that He has your back.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:10 pm
Amazing story.

Did you leave anything saying thank you?

bebrave

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:11 pm
What a beautiful story!

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:12 pm
Mi Kaamcha Yisroel

If you feel comfortable posting dh's field and location maybe we can help with the job hunt....

BaltoMom65

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:15 pm
This is so heartwarming. I daven your situation gets better fast! There are truly hidden tzadikim

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:23 pm
This is not the same thing but similar. We are going through a very big challenge.

I went to Gourmet Glatt with my husband's car. I, by mistake, shut the door with the seat belt in the door. Maybe the battery was low, but when I came out the car wouldn't start. I didn't want to call Chaveirim, as it was quite late. I don't live far from there, so I asked a man if he could perhaps drive us home. He had cables in his car and jump started our car. He didn't see me crying, but I was crying the whole way home.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:35 pm
DH was waiting in line at the grocery store, a woman with a bunch of small children asked him if he can pay for their groceries.
I was crying for that woman & hope that they're receiving the help they need.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 4:04 pm
A few years ago I was in gourmet glatt madison, my card was declined. A few times. I knew it will, I was just hoping by some miracle it would work. We were in a very bad place at that time (bh now we are way better).
The man behind me saw what was happening and in the most chilled out way possible told the cashier “ I will pay for it on my account”. He had some account in the store I guess. I couldn’t believe it ! He then turned to me, and told me I’m sure your card is declining because of fraud or the like. Feel free to pay me whenever, and if you can’t get thru just give it to tzedaka, he gave me a piece of paper with his “number”. husband reached out to him later that evening to thank him and to make up where he can meet him to pay him - the number was a fake number.
I went to the bathroom and for the first time in my life I cried because someone cared about my situation that much. There really are hidden Tzaddikim.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 4:11 pm
This thread made me cry.
For as much as anyone can say the gashmiyus levels are through the roof, there is so much chesed.

May hashem swiftly bring you the yeshua you need for your parnasa so you can pay it forward many times over!

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 4:12 pm
A few years ago I was having a hard day and decided to run into the supermarket on the way home and get myself a chocolate bar. While waiting for the person in front of my to check out I searched for my credit card but realized I left it at home and couldn't find enough change to pay for it. The man in front of me finished paying and left so it was my turn. I went to put the chocolate back when the cashier told me the guy in front paid for it before he left.
I don't know if he paid for it bec he thought I couldn't afford it or just didn't have money on me.... Either way it was really nice of him and after what I was going through, it really made a difference to me that someone would do that. (And once I was home it wouldn't have been possible for me to go back out to the store)

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 4:21 pm
Wow!! Brought to tears! What a wonderful nation!!
I was once in amazing savings and the lady in front of me couldn’t find her credit card. Without a moments hesitation the 2 women behind her pulled out their cards. I just wanted to know what the cashier women thought. Imagine this happening elsewhere!!

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 4:24 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
A few years ago I was in gourmet glatt madison, my card was declined. A few times. I knew it will, I was just hoping by some miracle it would work. We were in a very bad place at that time (bh now we are way better).
The man behind me saw what was happening and in the most chilled out way possible told the cashier “ I will pay for it on my account”. He had some account in the store I guess. I couldn’t believe it ! He then turned to me, and told me I’m sure your card is declining because of fraud or the like. Feel free to pay me whenever, and if you can’t get thru just give it to tzedaka, he gave me a piece of paper with his “number”. husband reached out to him later that evening to thank him and to make up where he can meet him to pay him - the number was a fake number.
I went to the bathroom and for the first time in my life I cried because someone cared about my situation that much. There really are hidden Tzaddikim.

This story made me cry. We are truly blessed.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 4:34 pm
amother OP wrote:

Really beautiful story, but you do realize it was HASHEM? Sending you a little reminder that you’re going to get through this and He loves you.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 5:22 pm
I was once waiting on line at a Frum grocery store and the cashier was saying to the person checking out that they had a large balance and needed to eventually pay it. After the customer left the next person in line asked how much the balance was, and when told it was to the tune of $250, paid it all. Literally one of those moments where nobody else aside from those waiting nearby would know about this.

Mi KAmcha Yisrael!

lamplighter

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 5:48 pm
Thank you for this thread. I'm crying. Hashem look how incredible your people are!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:04 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Really beautiful story, but you do realize it was HASHEM? Sending you a little reminder that you’re going to get through this and He loves you.

Of course. Hashem gave me this smile. But this man was the shaliach. He had no idea I am trying to apply for Tomchei Shabbos. He has zero idea what it meant. I just wanted to thank him when I couldn't in person. I am in such a tough place the few people we told who have been kind are just smiles from Hashem and reminders I am not alone. Because I feel so so alone.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:14 pm
I'm sitting here reading this thread with tears running down my cheeks. What a beautiful nation we're part of

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:16 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
I'm sitting here reading this thread with tears running down my cheeks. What a beautiful nation we're part of

Same here!!
Why isn't moshiach here yet???

lauful

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:17 pm
Do you live near an Aldi? I have some gift cards that I’m trying to get rid of and I’d love to send it over to you.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics