Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
πŸ†πŸ†πŸ† BEST OF IMAMOTHER πŸ†πŸ†πŸ† (master thread)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

singleagain

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:20 am
BH Yom Yom wrote:
This is EPIC! I think this list should be pinned!

You know what.. You're right. We could use more humor. Thread is now pinned

singleagain

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:25 am
When I looked again I removed one thread that wasn't meant to be humorous and I felt didn't belong.

If other mods very much disagree it will be back. But please don't put it back by yourself or I will remove it again

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:27 am
singleagain wrote:
You know what.. You're right. We could use more humor. Thread is now pinned

Yay, thank you!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:01 am
singleagain wrote:
When I looked again I removed one thread that wasn't meant to be humorous and I felt didn't belong.

If other mods very much disagree it will be back. But please don't put it back by yourself or I will remove it again

Apologies. I didn't think it was humorous (neither is the camp thread or a few other ones) but it was nominated as being historical. I will not put it back.

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:03 am
The abafather one was pretty funny

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:07 am
imasinger wrote:
Love this! You've got a lot of my favorites.

You might also want to include some really funny threads about things people found when cleaning for Pesach.

Please link some!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:23 am
What about heartwarming threads? Or is this only for funny threads?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:36 am
πŸ† Imamother posts from thousands of years ago uncovered!

Oh wow! I remember starting this thread on my laptop on this same couch a very long time ago! I didn’t have a smartphone yet then!

By the way, how are you able to find these? Every time I want to find something old, Advanced search only lets me go back one year?

And, what about the recipe for salt water one?πŸ˜†

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:39 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
What about heartwarming threads? Or is this only for funny threads?

I think we can add a section for classically heartwarming threads. Please link the ones you're nominating!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:40 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
πŸ† Imamother posts from thousands of years ago uncovered!

Oh wow! I remember starting this thread on my laptop on this same couch a very long time ago! I didn’t have a smartphone yet then!

By the way, how are you able to find these? Every time I want to find something old, Advanced search only lets me go back one year?

And, what about the recipe for salt water one?πŸ˜†

There is an option in Advanced Search to change how far back to search!

Saltwater recipe is included B"H!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:55 am
There were a few other AMAs from Sukkos times. I will edit this thread when I find the links

Maybe this one ?
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....36292

pause

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:00 am
I'm not sure what it's called, but the thread where an amother accuses her friend of stealing her dress...And keeps responding to herself. It was pretty soon after amother colors were started. IIRC it took until page 2 for posters to realize it was the same amother color.

And for Imamother history, there is the thread where so many people posted we used up amother colors.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:09 am
pause wrote:
I'm not sure what it's called, but the thread where an amother accuses her friend of stealing her dress...And keeps responding to herself. It was pretty soon after amother colors were started. IIRC it took until page 2 for posters to realize it was the same amother color.

And for Imamother history, there is the thread where so many people posted we used up amother colors.

This one? https://www.imamother.com/foru.....00125

I put in the stolen dress. (lmk if you think it belongs in a different section)

singleagain

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:33 am
amother OP wrote:
Apologies. I didn't think it was humorous (neither is the camp thread or a few other ones) but it was nominated as being historical. I will not put it back.

I totally understand. This one was just really really recent and was meant to get buried.

I personally don't know all of these threads. I haven't on here a long time, but that doesn't mean that I have read every single thread

Anyone else has an objection to a certain thread. Please feel free to message me and if I'm not familiar with it, I will confer with the other mods before we make a decision.

And just as a final note, if you see that a thread was in the original post and then was taken off of the post, please don't put it back. If there's a question as to why you can reach out to me or another mod but don't just put it back

ETA: the difference between the thread I removed and others are that others were discussing certain ideas or facts about whole communities and the Jewish world at large and not about a specific person

Last edited by singleagain on Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:55 am
singleagain wrote:
I totally understand. This one was just really really recent and was meant to get buried.

I personally don't know all of these threads. I haven't on here a long time, but that doesn't mean that I have read every single thread

Anyone else has an objection to a certain thread. Please feel free to message me and if I'm not familiar with it, I will confer with the other mods before we make a decision.

And just as a final note, if you see that a thread was in the original post and then was taken off of the post, please don't put it back. If there's a question as to why you can reach out to me or another mod but don't just put it back

Maybe you can put a notification in red near it 'removed'. It can really mess with the mind when you know you put something there and then it's not. Wink

singleagain

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:58 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Maybe you can put a notification in red near it 'removed'. It can really mess with the mind when you know you put something there and then it's not. Wink

No. I would rather not advertise that something was removed. Bc it would have been removed for a reason and if someone sees removed they will go looking.

There is enough info in this thread to explain why some threads may suddenly not be available.

mfb

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:59 am
Why was op reported?

singleagain

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:01 am
mfb wrote:
Why was op reported?

To discuss whether certain threads should be included or not. I will clear that now.

clowny

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:47 am
What about the haluptzes thread???
That's a real funny one too..

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:53 am
The elevator, sushi and kokosh cake were fun too!
What’s trending was a great one too!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics