Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Does dd in seminary has waterproof boots

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:08 pm
My dd didn’t take with her. I’m trying to make her buy waterproof boots. Where can she buy in Israel? Is there a danger of frostbite?

Success10

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:11 pm
You're such a good mommy. I find that there is no such thing as fashionable waterproof boots. It's one or the other. All girls here choose fashion over waterproof. It's raining now, but in general not so rainy or cold. I went out in the rain today (in Jerusalem) in knit shoes and I'm doing fine. Relax, she'll be OK.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:14 pm
No chance of frostbite.

kugelEater

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:16 pm
I bought rain boots for 120 shekel in Marty shoe store in Geula. something like this
I would tell you to chill out about the frostbite issue, but that would be a lukewarm pun LOL
Seriously though, the possibility of ruined shoes is more likely and serious than the possibility of frozen feet. It's not THAT cold here. I bought rain boots so my good American leather shoes would last longer and not get ruined from the rain. It has been a very warm winter thus far. I doubt we will get any snow this year.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:24 pm
Someone told me that statistically it always snows when there is a war during the winter. 🤔

I'm not too sure what the connection is, but it could happen. I like snow, but its very rare for snow to last more than a day or two.

Today was raining and chilly. I think the fahrenheit temperature would have been around 50 degrees. Your daughter might have been cold and wet, but she isn't in danger of frostbite. I have waterproof boots (that I bought in England) and I didn't bother to get them out today

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:26 pm
She was walking in the rain for hours in cold wet shoes.

happy7

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:32 pm
She is a big girl, practically an adult. She is making her own choices. If she wants to buy rainboots, she can find a store and make a purchase.

(Yes, I have a daughter in seminary. No, I didn’t know if she has rain boots with her.)

kugelEater

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:34 pm
amother OP wrote:

While that's very uncomfortable, it was not freezing here today. (freezing meaning below 32 degrees F/0 degrees C) So as long as it is warmer than that, she will be fine. Her shoes may not be, that is why I would recommend that she does purchase some cheap rain booties like the ones I linked above. OP you can PM me, and you can put me in touch with your daughter about where she can buy such boots.

Does she specifically NOT want to buy boots?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:37 pm
amother OP wrote:

Why?

If she needed to get somewhere, there are buses. It's been raining since late last night. She can't have been caught by surprise when she was already out.

She can buy boots.
She can stay inside if it rains.
She can use buses or taxis to minimise time outside in the rain.
She can get wet feet, and be cild abd uncomfortable. (And catch a cold.)
Above all, she can take responsibility for her actions, and suffer the consequences of poor choices.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 2:58 pm
Try the weshoes website. I was very happy with them.

essie14

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:12 pm
There are plenty of stores that sell boots in Jerusalem. Your DD is a big girl and living independently this year. Let her take care of this herself.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 5:45 am
I saw a whole load of seminary girls around Geula today, most of them wearing unsuitable footwear for the rain. I'm not talking waterproof boots; one of them was wearing what had started the day as fluffy slippers!

She was probably cold and wet, but I can't imagine that she didn't have more suitable shoes that she could have worn.

salt

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:45 am
Elfrida wrote:
Someone told me that statistically it always snows when there is a war during the winter. 🤔

I'm not too sure what the connection is, but it could happen. I like snow, but its very rare for snow to last more than a day or two.

It snows in Israel every 2-3 years, and there's a war or some kind of large military operation every 10 years or so, so that makes sense.

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 11:54 am
salt wrote:
It snows in Israel every 2-3 years, and there's a war or some kind of large military operation every 10 years or so, so that makes sense.

It snowed the year I was there and BH no war.
But I say snow, I meant the type you can clear out with your sponja stick!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info