Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is Walmart+ worth it
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:09 pm
Is walmart+ worth the membership (on sale now for $50 after a free gift card) for Lakewood?
Is it hard to get a delivery slot? Are there a lot of kosher items available?

I had target shipt in the past when it was on sale and used it a lot, thinking to get walmart+ now

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is walmart+ worth the membership (on sale now for $50 after a free gift card) for Lakewood?
Is it hard to get a delivery slot? Are there a lot of kosher items available?

I had target shipt in the past when it was on sale and used it a lot, thinking to get walmart+ now

I have it, love it! I live in Jackson
Usually get a slot a few hours later, sometimes the next morning depending on time I order
A lot of times I schedule my order for next day and then add as I remember things
Only annoying thing is you can’t put notes for shopper like Instacart
Generally they pick decent produce
I get almost everything there except snack bags, dairy products, meat and chicken, and plastic ware and the couple items only Jewish stores sell (like yellow croutons, barley, etc)

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:20 pm
I don’t live in that area but I love it.

A super great perk is no minimum on free shipping orders too! Sometimes I even get them fulfilled with a local delivery within hours of placing them.

Where I am, I still need to go elsewhere for some kosher specialty items, but it is my weekly fixture for general groceries and worth it to not have to go out myself.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:25 pm
Yesss
I live in Jackson
We order everything on Walmart+
I buy all brand name cleaning products etc and even those are cheaper on Walmart than target, and I get them straight to my door, sometimes in an hour or less
I try to not ever shop in target anyways, not for $ reasons

cbsp

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:34 pm
I guess I'll be the odd man out here.

Our prime subscription recently ended and we choose Walmart+ instead.

As of now I'm not loving it. There doesn't seem to be a way to place one order. Items can (seemingly arbitrarily) fall into the shipping category or in the home delivery category - and the carts don't combine to hit the free delivery minimum. Additionally, if it's a delivery item that's not in stock at your store they don't look for it at another store.

For shipped items I'm also finding the estimated shipping dates way off.

I do not like the search structure either. I waste tons of time trying to fiddle with search options just to find very basic items (like socks for my boys) and there's no real option to limit to Walmart+ shipping

But we still have Walmart+ and haven't gone back to Amazon Prime... We might be saving money because it's so frustrating to use...

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 3:37 pm
cbsp wrote:

As of now I'm not loving it. There doesn't seem to be a way to place one order. Items can (seemingly arbitrarily) fall into the shipping category or in the home delivery category - and the carts don't combine to hit the free delivery minimum. Additionally, if it's a delivery item that's not in stock at your store they don't look for it at another store.

I do not like the search structure either. I waste tons of time trying to fiddle with search options just to find very basic items (like socks for my boys) and there's no real option to limit to Walmart+ shipping

But we still have Walmart+ and haven't gone back to Amazon Prime... We might be saving money because it's so frustrating to use...

I do have both. If I only had one, I’d probably pick prime.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:00 pm
cbsp wrote:

1. The "shipping" and "delivery" items absolutely DO combine to meet the $35 minimum delivery fee. Make sure you are hitting "check out" in the spot NOT next to the subsections "delivery" or "shipping" but on the top right where it says "checkout all items."

2. If they don't have an item in one store, they send you an email/text asking if you want the unavailable item shipped instead. They won't offer this for perishable items. I think it's reasonable that they keep you (based on your address) associated with one store and don't offer to go to other stores (that may be really far out) if your store runs out of perishable items.

3. I've never had a single delay on any shipped items.

4. I find the search feature super easy.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:05 pm
I do love it.

I don’t find that I get slots as fast or easily as with target. Just have to a drop less last minute. Smile The most annoying part for me is that lots of times there’s not an item and you won’t know until you get your order. That means you cannot rely on an item. To explain: since I keep kosher, I don’t allow substitutes. With Shipt, the shopper will text you to find out if you want something else. With Walmart+ , I can be anticipating certain items and then my order comes and they’re not there. Hope I make sense.

Overall, if you can swing the $58 (it’s on special right now) , I would say to do it.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:07 pm
If I had to choose one though, I’m not sure what I’d choose. Likely Target Shipt because I‘m a very last minute person, so the Shipt slots are generally better and the substitution part…. (I’m I right at the border of Jackson/Lakewood if that matters.)

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:08 pm
cbsp wrote:

Yea I have prime but I thought that was a given lol
This is in addition

cbsp

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 4:55 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
1. The "shipping" and "delivery" items absolutely DO combine to meet the $35 minimum delivery fee. Make sure you are hitting "check out" in the spot NOT next to the subsections "delivery" or "shipping" but on the top right where it says "checkout all items."

2. If they don't have an item in one store, they send you an email/text asking if you want the unavailable item shipped instead. They won't offer this for perishable items. I think it's reasonable that they keep you (based on your address) associated with one store and don't offer to go to other stores (that may be really far out) if your store runs out of perishable items.

3. I've never had a single delay on any shipped items.

4. I find the search feature super easy.

1. That wasn't my experience, they charged for the delivery fee.

2. Same thing. Just get a message it's not available at the chosen store, no alternatives given unless I want them to make a substitution (it was a malt o meal bag of cereal. Definitely not perishable, especially since I was already getting a different variety shipped in the same shopping cart (one bag from the get-go gave the option for shipping, the other only delivery) ).

Maybe it's the nature of the Walmart stores in our (non Lakewood) area? 🤷🏼‍♀️

3. Just ordered 2 items. Initially told both coming Jan 10. One showed up, the other item (which I was kinda hoping to get for this Shabbos) now delayed to Jan 19.

4. Pretty please tell me how you can sort lowest to highest price including the shipping costs (or restrict listing to only Walmart+ shipping) Or how to get it to display only items that match the search terms. Both of those are fairly easy to do via prime, not so much with Walmart's interface

Sorry OP, don't mean to hijack. Hope this is helpful...

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:14 pm
I have it and I love it. I used to have Instacart and they hiked up all the prices. Walmart plus you get charged the same prices as in store. They usually ask you if you want the substitution and many times if they don’t have an item in stock they offer to ship it..

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:15 pm
cbsp wrote:

2. Same thing. Just get a message it's not available at the chosen store, no alternatives given unless I want them to make a substitution (it was a malt o meal bag of cereal. Definitely not perishable, especially since I was already getting a different variety shipped in the same shopping cart (one bag from the get-go gave the option for shipping, the other only delivery) ).

3. Just ordered 2 items. Initially told both coming Jan 10. One showed up, the other item (which I was kinda hoping to get for this Shabbos) now delayed to Jan 19.

4. Pretty please tell me how you can sort lowest to highest price including the shipping costs (or restrict listing to only Walmart+ shipping) Or how to get it to display only items that match the search terms. Both of those are fairly easy to do via prime, not so much with Walmart's interface

Select retailer to Walmart

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:20 pm
cbsp wrote:

I am constantly using shipping to meet my delivery minimum. It counts. When you look at your delivery order separately it may show that you don't meet the minimum, but you won't get charged.

Also, if items show up much later, you can call customer service after two days and they usually give a coupon or credit for the item coming late.

stardream

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 5:50 pm
I love it!

I also have prime but that I use for very different items. I use Walmart more for groceries and some household items and I find it very convenient.

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:07 pm
I have it and love it!! I love all the great value items! Most or comparable to the original brand and much cheaper! Sometimes an item is not in stock for delivery but I check back then next day and it's back in stock. Shipping time is so quick also I have no complaints!

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:13 pm
I didn't love it. Didn't renew it.

cbsp

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:13 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
I am constantly using shipping to meet my delivery minimum. It counts. When you look at your delivery order separately it may show that you don't meet the minimum, but you won't get charged.

Also, if items show up much later, you can call customer service after two days and they usually give a coupon or credit for the item coming late.

Thanks, I'll try your suggestions. In the meantime we switched to a store much further from our house that seems to have our products in stock more frequently...

Last edited by cbsp on Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:17 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
Yea I have prime but I thought that was a given lol
This is in addition

Wal Mart is much cheaper than Amazon on so many things, do it's not really a comparison.

I order vegetables, fruit, soda, water, detergent, bleach etc from walmart+, I would never order those things from Amazon.

I do have both, but I see them as very different services for different types of stuff. I really should give up Prime, it's more of a luxury really.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:18 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
I have it and love it!! I love all the great value items! Most or comparable to the original brand and much cheaper! Sometimes an item is not in stock for delivery but I check back then next day and it's back in stock. Shipping time is so quick also I have no complaints!

Please go to the thread I started about things you buy from big box stores and share !!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries