Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Worker ate breakfast burrito inside house. Would u have said

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:26 am
we're having some minor work done in one of the bedrooms, and our latino worker was eating a breakfast burrito from a place like taco bell or something this morning inside the house (he was going back and forth inside and outside with it). would you have said something? the room they're working in is a construction zone anyway and needs to be thoroughly cleaned for dust, etc when they're done. I figured it was nbd and didn't want to annoy them since they're nice guys and doing good work.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:28 am
Would not say anything.

calvinhobbs

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:29 am
If it’s a construction zone then no, you did well

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:40 am
We recently did an extension to our home and moved out for a few months. I walked in one day to find a brown paper bag obviously from takeout along with mustard and relish on our brand new Quartz countertop. Yes I said something. It takes a lot of nerve to use someone else's brand new kitchen for your (treif) takeout.
We left furniture in our house while doing our construction. My husband found pepperoni pizza on our glass kitchen table. They didn't even bother throwing out their leftovers!

justforfun87

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:19 pm
It is annoying but where exactly do you expect them to eat? It is cold outside.
Did they use your microwave?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:26 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
It is annoying but where exactly do you expect them to eat? It is cold outside.
Did they use your microwave?

no way they used our microwave.

"it is cold outside" = classic imamother in-town bubble. the high is 76 today where I live. Smile

justforfun87

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:33 pm
Haha actually I am in Baltimore but you make a good point. 76 degrees, what an animal!!

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:30 am
amother OP wrote:
we're having some minor work done in one of the bedrooms, and our latino worker was eating a breakfast burrito from a place like taco bell or something this morning inside the house (he was going back and forth inside and outside with it). would you have said something? the room they're working in is a construction zone anyway and needs to be thoroughly cleaned for dust, etc when they're done. I figured it was nbd and didn't want to annoy them since they're nice guys and doing good work.

And you expect to get a good shidduch for your daughter???? Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette