Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Interesting things happen to certain people??
1  2  Next

Do certain people have crazy/interesting/funny things happen to them more than others?
Yes  
 86%  [ 117 ]
No  
 11%  [ 16 ]
Other. Please explain.  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 136

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:43 am
Quote:
Somehow the funny stories always happen to the good writers and speakers.

Do you agree with this statement?
Do you think funny things happen to certain people more than others? If yes, why? Of not, how do they always have such funny stories to tell?

Einikel

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:45 am
I think it's just that certain people find the humor in certain situations and are good storytellers Smile

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:48 am
Einikel wrote:
I think it's just that certain people find the humor in certain situations and are good storytellers Smile

I agree with you.

Genius

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:48 am
Speakers and entertainers are on the lookout for good stories so
A: They will notice funny situations that laymen might miss while going about their day.
B: They find humor in unfunny situations immediately whereas laymen only find it after the fact.
Curtsy, you’re welcome!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:49 am
No I just think some people are more dramatic than other.
I have a neighbor who always talks about stuff that happened to her like it’s a sensation , when those same things happen to everyone on a daily basis.

giselle

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:12 am
When I responded to the poll, I took it to mean that some people just attract a lot of drama

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:21 am
My life has been a series of all sorts of events. a bunch of friends / relatives passed away through thought my childhood. I witnessed crazy things by being in wrong place at the wrong time. Etc.

I used to share but when my sister in law mentioned that she thinks I make up stories for attention, I realized that the amount of crazy/ unusual/ sad things that happened to me or people I knew is unusually high and that people wouldn’t believe me anymore. So I no longer share with anyone besides my immediate family who witnessed what I’ve been through etc.

I have a cousin who has no stories to tell, just a basic simple life , and I truly envy her.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:46 am
The original poster opined that the interesting stories happen to "writers and speakers". Not regular people.
The question is if its true, or if the writer just has a regular life but manages to find the humor in things, or perhaps tell them over in a humorous way?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:46 am
Chaotic people attract chaos.

Einikel

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:47 am
amother OP wrote:
The original poster opined that the interesting stories happen to "writers and speakers". Not regular people.
The question is if its true, or if the writer just has a regular life but manages to find the humor in things, or perhaps tell them over in a humorous way?

What's this a spinoff of?

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:50 am
Same!
That’s so funny- I was once at a doctor with one of my kids and we were discussing a medical condition my child has, and mentioned other medical things that happened to my other children, the doctor made a comment like “wow- u have a lot of stories” - so I said “doesn’t everyone- you’re a doctor- you’ve heard these things before”
And she answered- “no you have more than normal.”
It wasn’t until that point that I realized I really do have crazy stories and more than normal
People.
But B’H they have all made me wide beyond my years 😀

amother
Latte

*wise Very Happy

Genius

amother Hotpink wrote:
Chaotic people attract chaos.

I agree with this as well, in addition to the above mentioned points.

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:01 am
Also once a person is known as a speaker and writer people tell them stories.
Writers and speakers do pay more attention to happenings in their lives to turn into anecdotes.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:03 am
If I would have written my autobiography people would think it's fiction.

My real life is even more crazy, and unbelievable than fiction.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:04 am
Writers and speakers also find inspiration and analogies in mundane things and every day life as well and can spin it into a whole drasha.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:23 am
Some people are just more open and talkative and share their personal stories, while others will keep it to themselves. Also, private matter issues or embarrassing things won't be discussed with others most of the time. So though most people have lots of (dramatic, big ticket) issues, most won't mention it to others.
(I am embarrassed by my poor financial situation so I'm careful not to share this. Though I'm an open talkative person, I wont discuss my cycle and bedroom issues. I wouldn't discuss SB issues with people who know me. I dont mind sharing my smaller issues, of my special needs/medical children.) so you have no clue how much a person is really going through.

I used to be very intune to realizing Hashgacha Pratis in day-to-day happenings.
Someone mentioned to me, How do all those amazing stories happen just to you and not to me? I said, it happens to everyone, you just need to open your eyes and see it.

So No, we all have bigger and smaller struggles/challenges. Some you know, some you dont.

Some people go through more when they are younger while others when they are older.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:35 pm
Einikel wrote:
What's this a spinoff of?

Strange Story- the original Potato Kugel Lady Story.

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:48 pm
I think they just spin it and write it up in an interesting way. Things have happened to me but when I say it over it’s one line and somehow sounds boring. It’s all about the words that’s all.

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:08 pm
Both. I think all these points are true, some people are just more dramatic, but I also think that some people really have more crazy things happen.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics