Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Top Baby's non- sleep movement
1  2  Next

top mom

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 5:53 pm
Hi fellow imababies,
I'm not really an approved member here, but I always read along with my mom while nursing, so I'm pretty heimish here.
I figured out some amazing non- sleep tips, and decided to start a movement, sort of like Non- vax maybe, ( I wish mom would join that one, I got jabbed on both my chubby pulkes recently Sad)
So here are some amazing strategies for keeping Mommy up through the night, our main goal, obviously!
Feel free to share yours!
1: when I finally finish nursing and Mommy turns around, trying to make herself comfortable on the 3 inches which aren't occupied by me, I practice my jab kicks and pummel her with my cute little feet.
2: Get Mommy to drop the whole crib thing.
I hate being trapped in there, all lonely, while she gets her queen sized bed with the memory foam mattress. I did some pretty impressive crying marathons to make her choose co-sleeping over no sleeping. Lucky me,I get to hang out with Mommy all night long!
3: sometimes it's hard, and you're really tired, I know, but we gotta keep our eyes on our goal! just keep on crying, kvetching, moaning, changing positions, (much more effective in Mommy’s bed!) If you're really tired, you can always do the above-mentioned in your sleep, Mommy will wake up instantly, don't worry, and then she'll take ages to fall back asleep, and by then she almost has to wake the older kids up... I have it all figured out Wink
Let's use this board for encouragement and motivation!
Which one of us will get Mommy to sleep least tonight?
Signed with a proud yawn 🥱 Yawn
Top Baby

mfb

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:11 pm
Hug Hug Hug Hug

Sending lots of hugs to your mommy!!

scintilla

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:30 pm
My baby would join your movement, probably as chairwoman of the board, but unluckily for her I screened this post before allowing her to read it over my shoulder and also, she can't read. Nevertheless! Fear not! She will champion your values without even knowing of their existence. And, cue spit up stage left.

Einikel

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:37 pm
I'm reporting your post. Troll alert 🚨

scintilla

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 6:40 pm
Einikel wrote:
I'm reporting your post. Troll alert 🚨

Probably some mod's baby intercepted the report...no red triangle...

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:00 pm
My baby is convinced that naps are a conspiracy meant to allow mommy some personal time. This was never agreed to in the contract and therefore such requests will not be tolerated.

Anything that doesn't involve mommy swaying, shuckling, shushing and patting baby's tush (combined) is to be loudly protested.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:26 pm
When all else fails, I'll make a poopy diaper so my mommy has no choice but to change me. Even better if I can make it explosive enough that my pajamas and sheets need to be changed too.

Also, when I learned how to stand up but not get back down yet, we had a fun couple of weeks where I practiced standing up all night long and then shrieked for my mommy to help me get down.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:36 pm
Hey kids, I had another great idea. When you're done nursing, just hang on there and give a suck once in a while so your mom doesn't realize you're done. Then you can have extra cuddles! Bonus if she has a lot to get done that day and would otherwise put you down.

teachkids

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:05 pm
And if you need a night off, make sure you let one of your siblings know ahead of time that they need to take over that night. A nightmare or two should do the trick.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:07 pm
My baby would love to join this. She is intent on never letting me get any sleep, ever. Yawn.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:11 pm
Oh, so that's why my baby keeps banging and swiping the screen when I'm on Imamother! She must be either trying to post, or trying to cover her tracks.
She's finally down, kah bla"h pooh pooh pooh. Now to transfer her to her crib...wish me luck! And be very quiet!

tehilap

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:35 am
I laughed so hard, my babies know all the tricks I love cuddle time so that also has to do with it

top mom

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 8:24 am
Hey,
Top Baby's back!
You know what I love about my Mommy?
(Well, her milk's pretty tasty too)
No matter how sleepless and long her night was, I get the best hugs and cuddles in the morning!
She always says that she loves my warm, pink cheeks when I wake up, especially when she gets to have her coffee before that Very Happy
Hope you all have a wonderful day, getting filthy and discovering lots of mushy treasures!

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:06 pm
Hi Top Baby Hi
I don’t know old you are, but I’m fairly new and like you- already have some tricks up my sleeves.

1) smiles! They melt my mommy’s heart and if I track her and give a smile she’ll just grab me out of the bassinet and hug me like crazy. Bonus! I don’t get put back in the bassinet too fast!

2) reflux cries. More like pathetic screaming. But the minute mommy places me in her bed, so she can try and sleep or she just lets me hang out laying on her chest- I’m a good baby and I dose off (not for long- but I’ll occasionally give her like an hour break between feeds. The good news is when I’m sleeping on mommys chest, I get to eat basically all night! Mommy has no clue how many feedings I sneaked in on her!) anyway, mommy dare try and put me into the bassinet or swing again and I start with the cute tears = melt my mommys heart= I get to stay!

I have some more tricks, but I don’t want to spill them all and anyway, my mommys “break” is almost up!

See ya, can’t wait to shmooze more with you!

❤️Love, ☀️sunny baby☀️ ❤️

top mom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:55 am
Okay- Babies, I need your help!
I'm so embarrassed 😳 I ended up napping this morning Hiding
I tried so hard, I really did,but my tiredness got the better of me.
I stayed strong through an hour of nursing, but when Mommy started this soothing, singing and patting thing on my bottom, know what I mean? I just drifted off 😴
Help Help

Came on here for a quick update, I managed to wake up after half an hour phew Whew
Mommy didn't get to cross anything off her list after all Hooray
Except for a coffee , which is technically not on the list but an accomplishment nevertheless!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:40 am
top mom wrote:
Okay- Babies, I need your help!
I'm so embarrassed 😳 I ended up napping this morning Hiding
I tried so hard, I really did,but my tiredness got the better of me.
I stayed strong through an hour of nursing, but when Mommy started this soothing, singing and patting thing on my bottom, know what I mean? I just drifted off 😴
Help Help

Came on here for a quick update, I managed to wake up after half an hour phew Whew
Mommy didn't get to cross anything off her list after all Hooray
Except for a coffee , which is technically not on the list but an accomplishment nevertheless!

Top Baby, no need to feel embarrassed. It happens to the best of us.

Just yesterday, I fell asleep in my carseat all by myself. I was too tired for my usual ear-splitting meltdown. But you know what? I made sure to wake up after 1/2 an hour, just as mommy was close to home.

It's ok, today is another day and another chance to disrupt her to do list. You got this!

tryinghard

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:28 am
Babies, I hate to break it to you, but you are serious amateurs. Not your fault, you haven’t been in this game that long. I’m almost two years in, so let me tell you what’s what.

Check out my style:

Hang out in your crib, refusing to sleep all evening.
Sing loudly, play, call for mommy.
If you feel yourself getting slightly sleepy, get cranky and irritable and throw out any blanky, paci, stuffy, or other object from your crib and scream for it.
Shout at your siblings who aren’t paying attention to you and have the audacity to try and sleep.
If they dare to go to the bathroom, start crying hysterically.

Then, when things are really quiet, say 12:30 AM, start your party. Stand up in that crib and sing for all you are worth. Belt it out. Call your siblings names really loudly, maybe now they will join you!

PS - real king move comes when you are older and can do what my big sibs did when they were 4 and 6 - got up at 2AM, and decided that since they were tired, the logical solution was to go make themselves coffee. But don't worry, they made sure to make enough noise in the process to wake Mommy, so it was an all around successful tactic.

There's a whole world out there, babies! Go make some noise!

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:01 am
Make sure to fall asleep in the car seat precisely seven minutes before you get home. Then you can refuse to nap the entire rest of the day, because after all you did get some shluffies in!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:19 am
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Make sure to fall asleep in the car seat precisely seven minutes before you get home. Then you can refuse to nap the entire rest of the day, because after all you did get some shluffies in!

Baby Lilac's mommy here. I'm crying.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 3:03 pm
Sorry, I don't think you guys are right. I personally see nothing wrong with sleep! With a few important caveats of course.

The main one is that Mommy needs to actively "sleep" me the entire time. Otherwise, why bother? Generally, she needs to nurse me the whole time. Or Tatty can hold me on his shoulder the whole time. THAT is a good sleep.

Otherwise, it's like what's the point? Would you be happy sleeping sitting up in a cold chair? No, right? So now you understand why I insist on warm cozy sleep. It's very basic.

Also make sure not to get too much sleep, it's not healthy! Some parents are not up on the latest research and think we're supposed to sleep much more often than is good for us.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics