Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Unexplained fever in toddler, freaking out

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:47 pm
She’s two. Had over 102 for two days already. Acting completely fine, nothing hurts, eating and sleeping wonderfully, no ear infection or throat infection and not teething. No idea what could be wrong. Doc doesn’t either know, said if it’s still continuing by Tuesday to bring her back. What could be going on? I’m so scared it’s something serious CV.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:49 pm
My 2 year old has the same thing. No idea what it is but I'm not too concerned. Daycare and a few people I know say things are going around and most kids are back after 3-4 days.

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 6:52 pm
Can just be a virus. There are so many viruses going around now. My kids have definitely had fever without other symptoms in the past. I wouldn’t freak out after just two days- give it a little more time and it’ll probably go away on its own.

amother
Blushpink

My toddler had this a couple months ago. It's viral. I was so grateful I didn't have to deal with symptoms on top of that. Count your blessing!

amother
Crocus

Can be pneumonia without symptoms. Check her lungs.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
She’s two. Had over 102 for two days already. Acting completely fine, nothing hurts, eating and sleeping wonderfully, no ear infection or throat infection and not teething. No idea what could be wrong. Doc doesn’t either know, said if it’s still continuing by Tuesday to bring her back. What could be going on? I’m so scared it’s something serious CV.

Same here and with my experience I’m not concerned at all

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:16 pm
Why are you so concerned? It's only been 2 days. Sounds like a standard virus. Toddlers catch these things all the time

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:18 pm
It can be roseola, it starts as a fever w no symptoms and once the fever breaks rash shows up. It’s nerve wracking until u see the rash..

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:18 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
It can be roseola, it starts as a fever w no symptoms and once the fever breaks rash shows up. It’s nerve wracking until u see the rash..

I was told this after my toddler had unexplained sky high fever. Rash never showed.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:19 pm
My 5 yr old had that every day last week for 4 days . She developed a cough but doctor said her chest is clear and it appears to be a virus. The interesting part was that my daughter said she didn’t feel sick , yet she had fever each day mostly in the evenings. It went away .

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:20 pm
I would take them to the pediatrician if it’s been three days and no reason for the fever. It could be a wacky virus. Did they check for UTI? I wouldn’t get really nervous because she’s behaving normally.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:20 pm
A virus can be up to 5 days. If it lasts longer than that, they look further into into it.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 8:08 pm
My 5 year old had fever for two days was also fine with Motrin. Doctor did nasal swab for virus ended up being fever. Another one of my children had fever mostly towards night and during day low grade… this went on for over weak we finally got results it was mycoplasma , which is walking phenamonia. His chest was clear I went to doc 4 days and blood work was even find. So if it continues even another day can’t hurt to get swabbed bec takes time to get results they do viral panels . Refuah shelama. Oh also, another child with fever and no other symptoms had UTI

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 9:06 pm
my 2 year old had same thing was a strep
she ate perfectly and not complaining

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 9:07 pm
One of my kids was like that, he got high fevers as a toddler randomly and often without any other symptoms. Happened quite a few times and BH, he's a fine and healthy kid

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 9:10 pm
I've had this numerous times over the years. A couple of times is was roseola. It was always some sort of virus. It was never anything scary. Refuah shelaima!

synthy

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 9:35 pm
My toddler had that, it was roseola.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 9:47 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
I would take them to the pediatrician if it’s been three days and no reason for the fever. It could be a wacky virus. Did they check for UTI? I wouldn’t get really nervous because she’s behaving normally.

Yes my baby had extremely high fever (think 105) with no other symptoms and it was a uti. Doctor said that’s not uncommon for babies.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 9:57 pm
She already had roseola and I don’t think a kid can get it again though I could be wrong… when she had that her fevers were 105 and she was definitely acting very very sick. This time she’s pale and has fever but literally nothing else. We even did a strep culture that was negative… thanks though for all the responses, it’s really calming.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics