Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
High neck shells?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:03 pm
What brand makes good high neck shells that are also fairly soft and hold up well?

For example Pb&j are very comfortable but too low for me. I do have a large chest and postpartum-but-its-been-2-years stomach so that could also be pulling it down...

I used to wear kiki riki but don't know if they would still fit me post kids, I'm now a size 12/14.

Bonus if can be purchased online!

TIA!

hodeez

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:08 pm
Cropped long sleeve tops from shein

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:23 pm
hodeez wrote:
Cropped long sleeve tops from shein

Thanks but I don't shop at shein anymore.

country

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:39 pm
These r amazing quality and fit purchased on Amazon

MANGDIUP Women's Mock Turtleneck Long Sleeve Sleeveless Pullover Tops Slim Fit Basic T-Shirts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P.....ss_tl

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:46 pm
country wrote:
These r amazing quality and fit purchased on Amazon

MANGDIUP Women's Mock Turtleneck Long Sleeve Sleeveless Pullover Tops Slim Fit Basic T-Shirts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P.....ss_tl

Thank you!! Do they look like a turtleneck on? I don't want a turtleneck, just a brand that's really good at covering my collarbone:)

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 8:32 pm
I have one of those. Yes they are mock turtleneck.

For tznius neckline I use safetypins on regular shells.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 8:55 pm
I find the necks on Basic Colors shells usually work for me, and I have a high collarbone. I'm not sure what they have available online. The lycra (I think? The shiny ones) hold their shape very well. The modal ones I'm not so sure about, I haven't owned them as long but they're very thin and soft so I expect at some point I'll need to safety pin them. For now they're good though.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:59 pm
seeker wrote:
I find the necks on Basic Colors shells usually work for me, and I have a high collarbone. I'm not sure what they have available online. The lycra (I think? The shiny ones) hold their shape very well. The modal ones I'm not so sure about, I haven't owned them as long but they're very thin and soft so I expect at some point I'll need to safety pin them. For now they're good though.

Thank you, I haven't tried those in a very long time, I wonder how they would be on me! I hate the feel of lycra but perhaps they still have the cotton-y ones.

Anyone else? I can't stand safety pins, if that's really the only other option I'll just keep doing what I do now which is cut off the tag and wear them backwards.

I can't believe there's no really high necked brand though!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:00 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I have one of those. Yes they are mock turtleneck.

For tznius neckline I use safetypins on regular shells.

Thank you, I don't think that would work for most of the shirts I wear shells with but probably still worth a try.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:21 pm
Would this work?

https://www.amazon.com/Necklas.....GQMTW

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:50 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Would this work?

I appreciate it - quite possibly but not what I'm looking for. I just want a shell that will cover my collarbone:)

ceebea

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:37 pm
I only buy and wear kiki riki

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:39 pm
ceebea wrote:
I only buy and wear kiki riki

Do you mind me asking what size clothes you wear and what size shell you buy? I haven't bought them in so long, I don't know if they'd still fit me. I wear a size 12-14.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:09 pm
Following!! such a struggle with this. The best I have done is a full shell from pb&j and I cut it so its cropped but the cropped ones are too low on me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:10 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Following!! such a struggle with this. The best I have done is a full shell from pb&j and I cut it so its cropped but the cropped ones are too low on me.

Hatzlacha to both of us Wink Banging head not having much luck here except the basic colors recommendation!

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you mind me asking what size clothes you wear and what size shell you buy? I haven't bought them in so long, I don't know if they'd still fit me. I wear a size 12-14.

Yeah we are tottaly different body types so the brand that works best for me might not be what works for you at all. I buy the xxl kids sizes or the xs ladies depending on what is in stock and the colors I am looking for. It can't hurt to try and return you may be happy that you did and find the perfect shell brand afterall. I am sorry that I can not help you more. I absolutely hate pb&j and it sounds like they are your preferance lol.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:57 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Yeah we are tottaly different body types so the brand that works best for me might not be what works for you at all. I buy the xxl kids sizes or the xs ladies depending on what is in stock and the colors I am looking for. It can't hurt to try and return you may be happy that you did and find the perfect shell brand afterall. I am sorry that I can not help you more. I absolutely hate pb&j and it sounds like they are your preferance lol.

I appreciate the details, it's very helpful!!

Lol, pb&j are fine but they didn't work for my neckline either. I bought them to try it out and am left wearing them backwards... would prefer not to do that with every brand out there since $$$ but maybe that's what I'll have to do!

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
I appreciate the details, it's very helpful!!

Lol, pb&j are fine but they didn't work for my neckline either. I bought them to try it out and am left wearing them backwards... would prefer not to do that with every brand out there since $$$ but maybe that's what I'll have to do!

I hate the silky material and find the neckline too high on me! We all need to find clothing that works with us and not be unhappy and frusterated with staple undergarments. You don't pay money to have to custom tailor everything or wear it backwards. I would hate that so much!

mom!

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:33 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Would this work?

I had your problem and started using these, changed my life lol. Takes literally 2 minutes to put in and the shell is set for life. Can’t love them enough

funkyfrummom

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:45 pm
I like Avanti and find their necklines work well for me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics