Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Another filter question - techloq?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:54 pm
I have one laptop with different accounts for me and kids.
I really want a better filter, and it sounds like techloq would serve my needs because they have different filter levels per user.
My question is, will techloq prevent my account, which would be set to the most permissive filter version from say purchasing lingerie or reading about female related health issues? Ideally I'd love something like that to be blocked and enter a password to access for the next 30 minutes or so for extra safety, but I wasn't clear if they will open it at all.

If not, is the only option to have two computers, one filtered and one unfiltered?

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:25 pm
I have techloq. Some Women's health is unblocked, most is blocked. Lingerie is all blocked. the women's health part really gets me upset but a lot of times they won't unblock it (by email requests). I would chat with them before you make your account to find out if they would accommodate your needs. I don't know of any way to disable the filter temporarily, you might be able to though.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:33 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I have techloq. Some Women's health is unblocked, most is blocked. Lingerie is all blocked. the women's health part really gets me upset but a lot of times they won't unblock it (by email requests). I would chat with them before you make your account to find out if they would accommodate your needs. I don't know of any way to disable the filter temporarily, you might be able to though.

Argh, that's what I was afraid of. Is there any other filter that will handle multiple accounts, with one account on a very strict filter and one on a very loose one?

I'm an adult, and want to be able to access things as needed. I'm fine with blocked by default and an extra layer of protection for sensitive items, but ultimately, I need to be able to access things that my 10 year old can't.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:36 pm
I have techloq on my family computer but honestly I have my own laptop that is not filtered and only I have th password to it and I keep it in my bedroom. DH does not have or want the password to it

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:37 pm
I don't know of any. you could get yourself a different filter than the rest of your family (for your computer probably one of the non-jewish filters would better suit your needs)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:06 pm
Yeah I'm leaning to just get a second computer that isn't filtered but frustrated. What do most people who are yeshivish and supposed to have a filter for schools do?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:09 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:

They won't unblock if you ask them to, to see women's health related items? That's ridiculous.

amother
Poinsettia

amother OP wrote:
Yeah I'm leaning to just get a second computer that isn't filtered but frustrated. What do most people who are yeshivish and supposed to have a filter for schools do?

Probably lie and have one unfiltered device.

amother
Oatmeal

It really depends on what you choose. I think there is an option to keep all health pages open.

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:13 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
It really depends on what you choose. I think there is an option to keep all health pages open.

Yes but any health articles or information websites could include the names of genitals which means that the page would be blocked due to 's-xual content'.
This is the exact reason why I don't have a filter

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:15 pm
amother Canary wrote:
Yes but any health articles or information websites could include the names of genitals which means that the page would be blocked due to 's-xual content'.
This is the exact reason why I don't have a filter

I actually have techloq and they have opened many many health pages that talk about female and male anatomy. So it's possible.

They aren't concerned about health pages. They are concerned about p0rn and women in lingerie.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 5:17 pm
amother OP wrote:

I am yeshivish. The way I see it is that the schools are asking about family devices that my kids have access to. So I say that that is filtered because it is with techloq.

My personal laptop that only I have the password to is not filtered, but I don't consider that to be included in the question. The school can only have jurisdiction over things that affect the child, like a family computer, not my personal laptop which even dh does not have the password to

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:04 pm
It's just a chaval because in theory I want a filter and how often do I need new undergarments or the like anyway.
I'd be totally in favor of a system where a sensitive category needs a password input + click on a link in the email and then grant access for a short period of time after which you have to reauthenticate.

But like this I'm going to need a filterless device or a different filter which might not be as good on the kids account all so that the filter can have ultimate control.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:55 pm
I haven't tried it with techloq, but my last filter was able to call and disable for hr or two so I could shop for whatever I needed.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:20 pm
You can set the restrictions on Techloq according to your needs. I went back to TAG after I got it and they helped me open up the things I needed to access, like shopping for clothing.

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:16 am
Techloq will open lingerie and swimwear categories if you call.
When requesting access via password they will only open individual pages one at a time and will check each page accordingly. when you call you can ask them to open the lingerie category for an hour or 2. I've had multiple experiences and they're helpful over the phone

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:18 am
Don't set the filter through tag as they will add extra restrictions. Go to the company directly

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:47 am
Honestly, I was able to shop for women's bathing suits with techloq and I wasn't happy about it. If I had to request access for a limited time, that would have been perfect. So now we have image filtering on everything and it's really annoying.

I have never had them refuse to open medical articles.

Techloq IT

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:08 am
Hi, I'm a very senior tech in Techloq I can try answering all your concerns.
Yes you can have multiple users with Techloq, you can have a default user that's very restricted and then a parent user customised to your needs.
You can even map Windows users to Techloq users so when Mummy signs in to her Windows User she should auto-get signed in to the parent user in Techloq.
Another option is to have Scedules, this is a very cool feature that lets you have 2 filtering profiles running at different times.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:37 am
Thanks! Can one user be set to literally everything but outright prn?

(Note - I would love a middle ground where sensitive content is blocked but can easily be overridden temporarily with a password, but if it's going to be a pain each time, I'd prefer it open. I shop at night when there's no support)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics