Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Kiddush platters, tablecloths, etc

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:55 am
I will iyH be making a kiddush soon in my home (men at a long table in the dining room, women standing around in my den). I am looking to buy tablecloths and platters that will make a classy look. Can anyone link ideas on amazon?

I assume men just get plain white tablecloths and regular platters and women get colored cloth and glass/fancier platters?

ideas for decor also welcome

lkwdmum

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:54 am
Amazon!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:58 am
amother OP wrote:
I will iyH be making a kiddush soon in my home (men at a long table in the dining room, women standing around in my den). I am looking to buy tablecloths and platters that will make a classy look. Can anyone link ideas on amazon?

I assume men just get plain white tablecloths and regular platters and women get colored cloth and glass/fancier platters?

ideas for decor also welcome

Not at all!! Men also get tablecloths and nice platters!
Yes you can have fancier platters/centerpieces by the women but the men should also have a nice kiddush- not plain white tablecloths lol

ETA: I'm not sure what you mean by regular platters I use glass/fancier platters on shabbos too.
Also, I'm not sure what type of white tablecloth you are talking about there are gorgeous velvet designed white tablecloths so if you mean that then it's fine. I would still go with the kiddush tablecloths but you do you. As long as it's not a cheap style tablecloth...

Links:
White Rectangle Platters
https://www.amazon.com/Zak-Des.....ss_tl

Wooden Serving Boards
https://www.amazon.com/wood-tr.....ss_tl

Tablecloth (I would really go for a pink and green floral look but couldn't find anything nice)
What about this?
https://www.thecloseoutconnect.....d.htm

Also- You don't have to buy these items from scratch there are many gemachs for these items

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 6:17 am
Just wondering, why do men get to sit but the women have to stand?

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:04 am
Do you have a tablecloth gemach in your area? I got beautiful velvet tablecloths for a 36 dollar donation. Worked wonderfully.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:29 am
Thanks - I know amazon, it is my favorite...just wasn't sure what types of platters to get. I think I have seen glass/mirrors before but can;t figure out what they are. I will have to ask around to see if there is a tablecloth gemach.
I think usually the men are at long tables with chairs and the food on the tables whereas the women are set up with buffet style tables with more elegant setup.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:32 pm
any other ideas and links?

Am I totally off?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics