Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Can I sleep train eczema baby?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:50 pm
5 month old with eczema,
can I strart sleep training??

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:58 pm
If you're asking, probably not. How is she during the day? What does she eat? How much does she eat? How is her sleep now? Is her eczema inflamed or infected? How often is she sick? Have you ruled out reflux and tongue tie?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:09 pm
she never took a pacifier, I breastfeed her all day... no schedule whatsoever. she used to give me 5-6 hours a night but since she got eczema started waking up every 2 hours.... she did get a flair up the last few days..... dont know where to start getting things under control.

oneofakind

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:15 pm
She's uncomfortable. It's not reasonable to expect her to sleep through the night without comforting.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:16 pm
oneofakind wrote:
She's uncomfortable. It's not reasonable to expect her to sleep through the night without comforting.

at least get her used to falling asleep on her own? she will only fall asleep while I nurse her.....

justforfun87

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:18 pm
It's not normal for a 5 month old to be separated from their mama at night even more so in pain.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:22 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
It's not normal for a 5 month old to be separated from their mama at night even more so in pain.

she is in the room with us!

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:24 pm
I guess everyone is different, but my eczema baby was so uncomfortable we couldn’t sleep train

taketwo

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:28 pm
My eczema baby slept attached to my pajamas. Literally. I was her comfort for when she woke up itchy every hour-two hours. The first few years of her life were sleep deprived torturous years for me. I did make it past, and I'm glad I was able to give her some comfort through the torture.

I'm saying this to you, so you know, that you'll get through this. Please deal with her eczema as best you could, instead of forcing her to just cry through the pain.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:40 pm
taketwo wrote:
My eczema baby slept attached to my pajamas. Literally. I was her comfort for when she woke up itchy every hour-two hours. The first few years of her life were sleep deprived torturous years for me. I did make it past, and I'm glad I was able to give her some comfort through the torture.

I'm saying this to you, so you know, that you'll get through this. Please deal with her eczema as best you could, instead of forcing her to just cry through the pain.

its not my first eczema child and I know she will outgrow it....so im not going crazy.... problem is I never had a schedule with her...... and just when I feel its time to get her scheduled she got eczema.....so now im torn how to deal with her schedule.

amother
Bone

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:43 pm
You can't sleep train and eczema baby, that's just not right. They're in pain, they're uncomfortable, they can't sleep. The need to be comforted at any time.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:47 pm
amother Bone wrote:
You can't sleep train and eczema baby, that's just not right. They're in pain, they're uncomfortable, they can't sleep. The need to be comforted at any time.

I guess its too bad I didnt do it till now.... cause now im confused if shes in pain or just doesn't know how to soothe herself to sleep..... oh well Crying

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I guess its too bad I didnt do it till now.... cause now im confused if shes in pain or just doesn't know how to soothe herself to sleep..... oh well Crying

I wonder if a sleep coach can confirm this for me??

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:53 pm
Eczema can be treated. Ask your doctor for prescription hydrocortison. Apply 2x a day for a week and you should see a major difference.

Then upkeep by smearing aquafor 2 or 3 times a day as part of daily routine.

Dealing with this with my toddler. Was sleep trained multiple times, still wakes up a lot during flair ups (when we get busy and neglect the cream for a few days... Worth the extra effort...)

Once skin is clear then start teaching sleep and self soothing skills.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:17 pm
There’s no way to know if she’s crying out of pain. Babies can’t communicate so you need to treat all crying like it’s out of pain. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, I hope you manage to get rid of the eczema quickly.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:42 pm
My son has environmental eczema...I see a lot of improvement ever since I give him zinc and vitiamin d drops (I read about it online and did research)...I also give him fermented vegetables...perhaps if you breastfeed maybe it can help if u take it

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 12:09 am
Op, you can’t sleep train an eczema baby. She is in pain and that would be so sad for her
.Regardless, treat her for the eczema.Go to the doctor and keep on putting on creams. It makes a huge difference to the comfort of a child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics