Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My husband thinks it’s not a problem
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:40 am
For my son to push down to aim in the bathroom. I want him to go handsfree, so I got from the dr a prescription to see a urologist. I know all about meatal stenosis, when asked dh if I can go ahead he said should I do the procedure on myself as well? I also need to push down. So is it normal for kids to touch down there or no? I have 6 boys btw and this kid is 6 already but still want to do it if not too late. Thank you so much for all advice

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:43 am
What does the doctor think? What do you mean you need to push down on yourself?

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:47 am
If this is a medical concern then yes go to the urologist.

If this is a religious concern then please dont.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:47 am
amother OP wrote:
For my son to push down to aim in the bathroom. I want him to go handsfree, so I got from the dr a prescription to see a urologist. I know all about meatal stenosis, when asked dh if I can go ahead he said should I do the procedure on myself as well? I also need to push down. So is it normal for kids to touch down there or no? I have 6 boys btw and this kid is 6 already but still want to do it if not too late. Thank you so much for all advice

Are you asking if it is normal for a male to hold himself when going to the bathroom?

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:49 am
Is this really a thing? I have 2 boys and both hold and aim when using the toilet. I'm scared to think what my bathroom would look like if they didn't.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:51 am
I don’t think it’s a medical problem , great way to avoid making a mess.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:55 am
I never checked on how my boys or my husband go to the bathroom!
I would just ignore. Everyone does what works.

It's for sure common for little kids to aim while holding it down(3 yr old playgroup morah so I've seen lots of just toilet trained kids beside for my own 7 boys!!)

Why do you think it's a problem?

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 5:56 am
of course it's normal, why should he need to go hands free

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:01 am
Once boys are about 6-7 they generally stop holding it
How old is your son? When they’re little they need to hold in order to aim properly

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:08 am
If your dh doesn't think it's a problem, why do you think its a problem?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:09 am
I practically toilet trained my sons with the mantra to point down so they don't end up spraying urine all over the bathroom. Even now I have to constantly remind my 6 year old to pay attention to where he is aiming because he gets distracted and turns his head and doesn't realize he's turning his whole body too.

It's completely normal for boys and men to aim with their hands. Unless you have a medical concern, please do not take your little boy to have an unnecessary procedure done by a urologist.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:36 am
All males, regardless of age, should hold their things & aim properly! Otherwise it's all over the place.....
OP, please don't create issues where there are none. And definitely don't put your son through a medical procedure for no reason.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:39 am
I think it would be very hard to aim properly hand-free. I don't think that we as women should tell boys or men how to pee. We don't know anything about it.

The idea of boys or men never touching their own aiver is problematic, also for hygiene reasons.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:43 am
Just letting you know, again, it’s very easy for men to aim without touching
It’s the little kids that need to aim
Most people who are responding that they need to hold it prob only have little kids

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:45 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
Most people who are responding that they need to hold it prob only have little kids

Are you a man? How would you know?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:47 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
Are you a man? How would you know?

Because I have a lot of grown sons and a husband who explained it to me years ago. I couldn’t imagine they wouldn’t need to hold it, but it’s really simple
Yes, when we toilet train little kids we teach to push down, but when they hit around 7 they stop

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:47 am
amother Babyblue wrote:

I don't think it's very easy to aim without touching while leaving the bathroom clean....
In any case, this absolutely isn't a reason to do a medical procedure on a little boy.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:48 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
Because I have a lot of grown sons and a husband who explained it to me years ago. I couldn’t imagine they wouldn’t need to hold it, but it’s really simple
Yes, when we toilet train little kids we teach to push down, but when they hit around 7 they stop

Did your grown sons tell you that they don't hold it when they go to the bathroom???
I really don't think this is something a mother would necessarily know about her older kids.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:51 am
amother Lime wrote:
Did your grown sons tell you that they don't hold it when they go to the bathroom???
I really don't think this is something a mother would necessarily know about her older kids.

Are you kidding me?🙄

Obviously I raised them throughout the years, they didn’t start out fully grown
Boys don’t have much busha until they are around 10. Or at least my boys didn’t
Why are you so intent on questioning me about this? Are YOU a man? How do YOU know?

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 6:52 am
amother Babyblue wrote:

And my husband says the opposite.

See? That’s why you shouldn’t generalize.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics