Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
TMI girls puberty question

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:26 pm
My oldest girl is developing and I've noticed whitish/yellowish discharge in her underwear when doing laundry. Can someone clue me in as to how long that happens before I can expect her to get her period? I remember having this as a girl but haven't recently with being on birth control and literally have no recollection what this means timewise for getting her period. Thanks

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:31 pm
As I remember for me (mind u that was about 22 yrs ago) it was a wk or so before. Not sure that's standard.

I'd definitely clue her in on periods if u haven't already.

Out if curiosity, how old is your daughter?

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:43 pm
I had it my whole teenage hood.

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:47 pm
The discharge begins long before the period arrives. It can be 6 months to a year of discharge before she gets her actual period.
And also, in a woman’s cycle the two days before the onset of the period are the driest.
The most discharge is the days leading up to ovulation and peak ovulation (cervical mucus)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:47 pm
It's been more than a week already I think I just noticed more of it this time which got me wondering. And yes she knows about periods. She's 11. I thought it comes between periods in addition to before ever starting periods but I really don't remember enough to know for sure. And what if she asks me about it. I'd like to have an answer;)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:48 pm
amother Peru wrote:
The discharge begins long before the period arrives. It can be 6 months to a year of discharge before she gets her actual period.
And also, in a woman’s cycle the two days before the onset of the period are the driest.
The most discharge is the days leading up to ovulation and peak ovulation (cervical mucus)

Thank you!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:51 pm
It can be the whole time. It’s usually unrelated to getting their period.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:18 am
Dd has it for 2 years already. It started when she was 9 or 10 and I thought it meant she was hitting puberty. Google said 6 months to a year. When I brought it up with pedi they said nothing to do, some kids are just like that.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:44 am
I'm like that. I need to wear a liner every single day.

Please talk to her about this and let her know it's normal. I was freaking out that I was having constant accidents and it wasn't good. I was too embarrassed to talk to my mother.

And please buy her a package of liners. It's uncomfortable, and also can cause irritation or yeast infections.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 12:07 pm
I had for years... like I was 11 when I noticed and didnt get my period until 15.. Smile

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 12:23 pm
My DD gets it occasionally and she is 6.
Nothing to do with period.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics