Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ever went skiing with a baby?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 4:56 pm
My kids really want to go skiing. I’d probably go to mt peters because it seems they have good instruction for no additional charge (as is, skiing is expensive!)
Only problem is, I have an almost 2-yr-old. Seems he can go on the tiny tot slopes-snowtubing. But my kids will want to ski for hours. I really want to do this for them. But not sure if it’s feasible. Anyone know, especially if mt peters has an indoor place where we can hang out a bit and I can bring toys and food or something for my baby?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:02 pm
I don’t know what mt peters is like but we took the ski left up and down a few times and chilled in one of the lounges on top of the mountain.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:05 pm
Thanks. Which place? Just wondering if all places will let us go up and down the lift

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:07 pm
If you're looking for advice for a specific location then you may want to edit your post and include that in the subject.

To answer your general question, a couple of years ago for winter break my parents rented a house near a ski resort and my family and my brother's family joined them for a couple of nights. DH and my brother took the older kids skiing at the resort, first taking lessons and then spending the day on the beginner trails. My parents, my sister-in-law and I stayed back at the house with the younger children. We had brought a sled with us, and my father took the toddlers down a small hill in the backyard and they had fun just playing in the snow. It was a really nice vacation for all of us because we all got to enjoy it in our own way. I was very happy to stay inside and relax, while DH and my older kids were happy to be active and my toddler had fun with his Zeidy outside and playing games inside and Bubby reading books on the couch to whoever was interested.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:09 pm
I would leave the baby at a sitter & focus fully on the older kids to get the most out of the day.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:09 pm
Okemo and killington. Depending on how active your baby is I don’t know how long you’ll last. But if he’s the type to nap in the stroller, play for a while sitting down you shld be ok

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 6:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. Which place? Just wondering if all places will let us go up and down the lift

Most places will require you to have a lift ticket to ride the lift. And even with that, I don't know how happy they'll be if they see you just riding it up and down with a baby and not actually skiing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 6:34 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
If you're looking for advice for a specific location then you may want to edit your post and include that in the subject.

Thanks. In general, my question was for any skiing place. Then when someone said about going up and down the ski lifts, that’s when I asked about mt Peter. Not sure I want specifically about mt Peter. Just in general if people did it and how

Your idea sounds great, but that won’t work for us because my boys have only Sunday off so we’re doing a day trip. Not renting a house for that

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 6:50 pm
You were planning on skiing too?
Why don’t you just hang out in the lodge with your baby? That’s what I always do.

amf

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 6:53 pm
Mount peters has a lodge at the bottom of the hill, no lift tickets required
Your toddler might enjoy sitting there and watching the skiers come down the mountain but there isn't really a ton of room to put out toys. There are tables and you can eat/do puzzles/color but not that much beyond that...also they'll probably want to go play in the snow

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:00 pm
I’m at Shawnee and I saw a woman with an infant in a stroller in the lodge. But yours is a toddler. My toddlers wouldn’t stay put and it would be very very hard but you know your child’s temperament

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:08 pm
You can hang out indoor at the lodge. There is usually a fire to sit by. Bring some toys along, the baby can play and the older children can ski.

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:40 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
You can hang out indoor at the lodge. There is usually a fire to sit by. Bring some toys along, the baby can play and the older children can ski.

Two is already a toddler I feel like a toddler isn’t gonna wanna just sit all day and play in one spot.. a younger baby who can nap in stroller for a while is probably easier. A two year old is already big and may get antsy and bored.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics