Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What time is do you pick up your child from playdate?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:49 pm
On a school night what time do you pick up your 3rd grader or what time do you expect your child's friend to be picked up?
I feel like I'm constantly reminding parents to pick up their kids. I'm wondering if this is normal?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:54 pm
It depends if the 3 grader is staying for supper or not. If she’s not staying for supper I’d say 530 and if she’s staying I’d say 7.

teachkids

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:56 pm
We generally don’t do school night playdates because generally we end play dates by 5. Once in a while we’ll do till 6, but rarely.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:22 pm
I should have added that I am in Israel and live in a chareidi neighborhood. I'm assuming that there is a cultural difference here.
I just wanted to be sure that I was normal for wanting parents to pick up their kids by 6.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:43 pm
Definitely a cultural difference. I’ve never had to remind people to pick up their kids. We make up a time and they pick them up.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:45 pm
I tell parents a time by when to pick up their kids. Usually 5:30-6:00 for that age. Never have to remind.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
I should have added that I am in Israel and live in a chareidi neighborhood. I'm assuming that there is a cultural difference here.
I just wanted to be sure that I was normal for wanting parents to pick up their kids by 6.

For me, 6:00 is normal time.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:53 pm
amother OP wrote:

I live in Israel too and I thought it’s “yadua” (common knowledge) that play dates end at 6. I always have kids over and they are picked up about 6 ish, and I try my best to pick up my kids by 5:50.
Could be the parents are so overwhelmed and overextended that they forget about their child at the play date…….

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 2:09 pm
I live in Lakewood
I hate play dates on school nights
By the time my kids get home from school it’s 4:45 at least. They need to unwind, eat supper, and do homework, and get into bed by 8
That is NOT enough time for a playdate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children