Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Longest you've kept in a mini crib?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:08 pm
I know it seems crazy but my almost 2 year old is still in a mini crib, I have a full size crib for her sitting patiently in its box but she loves her bed so much and never seems cramped. She goes to sleep so happily and I check on her in the night and never see any limbs sticking out or whatever. Yes, she is petite.

Am I insane?? I feel like at this point I'll move her from the mini crib straight to a twin bed LOL she seems so happy though I don't want to change it up unnecessarily.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:10 pm
I switched dd to, toddler size crib at 22 months
She's petite too
She fell in love with her new bed right away! There's nothing like a bigger bed

She'll love it, make the change

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:12 pm
I just took my son outa mini crib he’s almost 3

He’s begging me to go back
He is pretty average in size
I think he felt secure in it vs the bed I put him in
I skipped the regular size crib

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:16 pm
My daughter is almost 2 and a half and is still in a port a crib. (She is very petite though). My big crib broke from my son on top of her and I still didn't replace it. She still seems comfortable. I'm planning on keeping her in it until she's ready for a toddler bed. (Unless I see that she's not comfortable anymore) I also sometimes wonder if I'm crazy, but really if it works, I think it's ok

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:16 pm
when my daughter turned 2 I moved her from porta crib to a twin bed:) I had just toilet trained her

happy7

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:18 pm
2 years old. Twice.
I moved them from a pack and play to a regular bed.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:23 pm
Well I'm feeling so validated!! Lovable, that's good to know the transition was smooth. The truth is there's more space in her room, which she shares, with the mini crib so as long as it's not bothering her or harmful in some way I'm going to leave things as they are.

But it's good to know it's more common than I thought! Thought I was the only one!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:23 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
when my daughter turned 2 I moved her from porta crib to a twin bed:) I had just toilet trained her

Right, once we toilet train especially at night I know I'll need to move her...

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:24 pm
Not insane. Just moved my 2 year old to the bigger crib and only did it because we needed the small crib for my newborn. My 2 year old is short if it matters

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:25 pm
I kept Dd in a mini crib till she was almost 3. She loved it and we saw no reason to change.

honeymoon

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:30 pm
One of my kids was in the small crib until he was almost 3.

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:32 pm
I guess my kids are bigger than all yours. The latest I left a kid in mini crib was 19 months and he was so cramped in there I felt so bad.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:33 pm
I don’t own a larger crib. I hate that I can’t storage it.
My kids go from porta crib straight to twin bed.
One of my kids slept in it till 3.

mrsnistar

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:37 pm
Ha! I have a big crib for my 19 month old, and I just got a mini crib for my newborn. I was all excited bc the mini converts to a toddler bed, so I thought I'd switch baby to big crib and toddler to the toddler bed when he's ready in a half a year or so. Well, the mini was delivered, and... don't think he'll fit in it! He's very tall...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:39 pm
mrsnistar wrote:
Ha! I have a big crib for my 19 month old, and I just got a mini crib for my newborn. I was all excited bc the mini converts to a toddler bed, so I thought I'd switch baby to big crib and toddler to the toddler bed when he's ready in a half a year or so. Well, the mini was delivered, and... don't think he'll fit in it! He's very tall...

Oh man haha!! There's such a wide variety of toddler sizes!! My toddler is definitely petite but also not THAT tiny. And I have nieces and nephews who were literally twice her size (in clothing sizes) at this age while others were even smaller, all same genes on at least one side!

Wait, how does the mini crib convert to a toddler bed though? I thought toddler beds are the same dimensions as full size cribs.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:15 pm
My 2 year old is still in it and she’s tall-ish. She seems comfortable and we’re moving sometime next year so don’t really want to buy a bigger crib unless I have to.

mrsnistar

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 8:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Oh man haha!! There's such a wide variety of toddler sizes!! My toddler is definitely petite but also not THAT tiny. And I have nieces and nephews who were literally twice her size (in clothing sizes) at this age while others were even smaller, all same genes on at least one side!

Wait, how does the mini crib convert to a toddler bed though? I thought toddler beds are the same dimensions as full size cribs.

https://www.amazon.com/Carters.....?th=1

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 9:40 am
mrsnistar wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Carters-Davinci-Convertible-Trundle-Drawer/dp/B07WKM74Q9?th=1

That's a full sized crib, not a mini crib. Mini cribs are the size of a pack n play.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:40 am
Just be careful with the weight limit. I kept my kid in the porta crib until she was 2 1/2 and one morning the bottom fell through while she was in it. It isn't as strong as a regular crib. Once the kid can stand and jump they can really weaken the board that holds the mattress.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:48 am
My son is 18 months and still happily using his mini crib. I've had an eye out for a 4-in-1 or a toddler bed but he sleeps extremely well in there so I'm not in a rush to move him yet.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics