Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Business - Bitachon - inspiration

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:06 pm
I want to hear inspiring stories. I know a few lucky ones had the experience of rags to riches but I would love to hear the journey of how your business went from nothing to something. We have a service that is in demand but due to some challenges unless Hashem says yes our business will never thrive. It is hard to look at others who have either by sheer determination or bracha have been able to create something for themselves. I could really use a pick me up. I know others have done it and Hashem leads the blind but we are blind right now and it's hard to see the light.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:22 pm
There’s a lot of contradiction in your post

Bitachon doesn’t mean one will be rich
It means knowing what Hashem decides is for the best

Also people who got rich didn’t do so either by their own efforts or with Hashem’s help. They ALL had Hashem’s help.

Hishtadlus might mean you may need to change tracks or sell your business or something - if bederech hateva it seems there’s no way your business will succeed hishtadlus might mean you need to recalculate.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:24 pm
That being said: what I found to be helpful was a positive outlook, saying Nishmas or tehillim, constantly saying what I’m grateful for, networking…

Genius

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:34 pm
We believe Hashem takes care of us. He has taken customers and sent new ones. It’s all Him. The bitachon part is not to have gaava when it goes well and not to lose it when it doesn’t.
We have also seen tremendous bracha since we started giving twenty percent to tzedaka. It’s not easy though.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:37 pm
amother Peach wrote:

Also people who got rich didn’t do so either by their own efforts or with Hashem’s help. They ALL had Hashem’s help.

Hishtadlus might mean you may need to change tracks or sell your business or something - if bederech hateva it seems there’s no way your business will succeed hishtadlus might mean you need to recalculate.

Obviously hashem is in charge. But hashem put teva into everything in the world. And that's why people in certain fields as a group make more than those in other fields as a group. Doctors, lawyers, and accountants, are making more than secretaries, post office workers, and cleaning help.

Hashem also made it that certain areas are more prosperous than others. Roshei yeshivos in ET don't say that hashem can get them money so they might as well stay local to collect. No, they shlep all the way to the US and travel to NY, LA, Chicago and other cities that are known to have wealthy people.

Op, all you can do is continue trying. May hashem give you bracha very soon.

Genius

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:41 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Obviously hashem is in charge. But hashem put teva into everything in the world. And that's why people in certain fields as a group make more than those in other fields as a group. Doctors, lawyers, and accountants, are making more than secretaries, post office workers, and cleaning help.

Hashem also made it that certain areas are more prosperous than others. Roshei yeshivos in ET don't say that hashem can get them money so they might as well stay local to collect. No, they shlep all the way to the US and travel to NY, LA, Chicago and other cities that are known to have wealthy people.

Op, all you can do is continue trying. May hashem give you bracha very soon.

Hashem can also make all of these people either find a job or lose a job and make their money worthless. Even if you make your money bderech hateva it is still completely Him. We all need syata dishmaya

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:52 pm
amother Peach wrote:

I must be missing the word of what we desire most. I know only Hashem can open doors for us once we feel we have done our hishtadlus. Even doing the correct hishtadlus is unclear right now. Our business can only thrive if certain connections are made and our name gets out there. Only if our dedication remains solid.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:56 pm
Genius wrote:
Hashem can also make all of these people either find a job or lose a job and make their money worthless. Even if you make your money bderech hateva it is still completely Him. We all need syata dishmaya

Of course hashem can. But since hashem runs the world according to teva he doesn't. That's why I know for sure that the wealth in affluent cities like Toronto and Los Angeles is more than in Meah Shearim and it will be that way next year as well.

Why do you think rosh yeshivas travel from EY to the US to collect money? Why don't they just stay in EY so they can be near their yeshivos and torah?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:43 pm
I am feeling a wave of emotions may I admit a bit jealous. I stumble upon those with similar business models but a different product who have incredible success. I know we can't see the big picture but I want what they have. What did they do right and we do wrong to not have it?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am feeling a wave of emotions may I admit a bit jealous. I stumble upon those with similar business models but a different product who have incredible success. I know we can't see the big picture but I want what they have. What did they do right and we do wrong to not have it?

Absolutely nothing at all. It’s all from Hashem

amother
Maize

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:18 pm
I have a lot of Bitachon, learn every day and remind myself throughout the day that everything happens because Hashem chose it.
I daven and say tehilim daily.
I have an amazing business that I work diligently in yet we haven't turned a profit and going deep in debt. I have the right mentors and on the surface, everything should be exploding.
My husbands job kind of just dried up, he's doing some piece work while trying to figure it out. He's a much stronger Baal Bitachon than me.
We are really strict about Maaser and plan to go 20% when we make a profit.

I just keeping asking Hashem what am I supposed to be doing? Every answer seems to be to keep going, so we are.

It's hard
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics