Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chabad Schools
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 8:07 pm
I hope this is okay to post here (I’m not in the lubavitch forum yet since I joined rather recently).

What schools in lubavitch today do you consider best for your kids?
Not in crown heights, thinking of more out of town vibe but a chassidish community (obviously doesn’t have to be everyone but majority of women leaving the house in a sheital stockings etc)

Specifically thinking about Florida but I get a more chill impression from there.

Thanks!

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 8:30 pm
My own kids are little and currently being homeschooled, but I went to school in Chicago as did all my siblings (we didn’t live there), and I still have siblings there. It’s a great school system, preschool through high school/mesivta.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:01 pm
I grew up in Florida and while the schools have blown up majorly in the past few years, they are a big mix of different types of families (both LEC and LHA). Cheder Chabad is newer, and I'm not sure about the dynamics over there.
But if you're looking for chassidish community, my first thought would not be Florida.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:07 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:

But if you're looking for chassidish community, my first thought would not be Florida.

And I definitely agree with this but there seems to be many opportunities there in terms of work for me… do you know of any communities there that have a more chassidish feel to them?

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:10 pm
Not chabad and not from Pittsburgh.
But when I visited the children's museum in Pittsburgh one year, there were several chabad families, and they seemed to be the real deal tights, speaking yiddish, etc. I was very impressed.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
And I definitely agree with this but there seems to be many opportunities there in terms of work for me… do you know of any communities there that have a more chassidish feel to them?

The few that were around when I was still there, did not have that feel. I don't know if Miami Gardens (under the Kleinmans) would be more chassidish. I do know a couple of families that live there, but not more. There also may have been newer areas that sprung up, that I haven't heard about.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:38 pm
What about Kingston, PA?
I’m sure it’s a mix, like every place, but the community seems to be growing quickly.

Cheder in Baltimore
cheder in Florida

mha3484

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 9:43 pm
I have a lot of Chabad neighbors. They really like the schools in Chicago.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:08 pm
Kingston PA has a lot of chassidishe families
Cheder of Nyack is a very chassidishe new cheder, Yiddish speaking, high standards
Chicago has more of a range but still a solid community
Cheder Chabad of Florida has a lot of chassidishe families but the community isn't

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:09 pm
Cheder of Nyack is only for boys though and not a community.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:11 pm
amother Tulip wrote:

Right but I believe they're opening a girls school shortly and building a community around it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:16 pm
amother Tulip wrote:

They have a girl's school already.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:18 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
Kingston PA has a lot of chassidishe families
Cheder of Nyack is a very chassidishe new cheder, Yiddish speaking, high standards
Chicago has more of a range but still a solid community
Cheder Chabad of Florida has a lot of chassidishe families but the community isn't

Do you know much more about Cheder chabad in Florida?
My husband would like a more diverse community in terms of chassidishkeit and I’m the one pushing towards a chassidish school so maybe that could be a good balance. Where in Florida are most of the families living?

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you know much more about Cheder chabad in Florida?
My husband would like a more diverse community in terms of chassidishkeit and I’m the one pushing towards a chassidish school so maybe that could be a good balance. Where in Florida are most of the families living?

I don't live there so don't know much but I see them on Instagram and I think it's what you're looking for.
If you want a range, I wouldn't recommend Nyack Smile

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 11:27 pm
The chabad school of nyack (btw this yr only boys is in nyack) has a girls school and a preschool in its second year.
They actually have quite a variety of kids. Some of the kids are more chassidesh than others.
R gourarie has a shul and people who go to the shul and send to the school have a bit of community.

tree of life

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 12:20 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
The few that were around when I was still there, did not have that feel. I don't know if Miami Gardens (under the Kleinmans) would be more chassidish. I do know a couple of families that live there, but not more. There also may have been newer areas that sprung up, that I haven't heard about.

Hi I to no the kleimans there kids go to lec
But there is another school in Miami that is more chassidish if the op pm I can try get the details from my family member

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 6:57 pm
what's wrong with crown heights?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 7:19 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
what's wrong with crown heights?

We just don’t want it live in the city

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 7:25 pm
Would you consider Montreal?

Detroit/Oak Park?

I think Kingston PA would be good if you need affordable housing.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 8:28 pm
Morristown might also be an option
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics