Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Questions that keep me awake at night
1  2  Next

synthy

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:34 pm
There are so many questions that have no answer. Sometimes, late at night, I’ll toss and turn and wonder why? Sometimes I Google it and find a mind blowing answer. Other times I keep pondering until the sun rises…

Ok, I’m being a bit over dramatic. But what are some questions that you don’t have an answer for? Let’s keep this thread light 🙂. I’ll start:

Why is contraceptive called “birth control”? It doesn’t hold you back from giving birth! It should be called pregnancy control.

HeroMommy

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 10:58 pm
why is it called a black out? should be black-in or light-out.

when the hood/ canopy of a carriage is open do you mean open to provide shade? or open as in pulled back? and other way around is it closed- as in closed over the carriage, or closed as in, folded??

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 12:49 am
Will I ever be able to afford a house? Laugh

synthy

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 12:51 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Will I ever be able to afford a house? Laugh
I’ve made peace with the fact that I will not. Renting is so much better Cool .

But hey, let’s keep this thread lighthearted!

Comptroller

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 12:57 am
Why is it allowed, in English, to use "ingenuity" (= innocence, naivity) when meaning "ingeniosity"?

Why is it allowed to write "per say" instead of "per se"?

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 12:59 am
Why doesn’t every oil bottle come with a pump?

Why don’t frum companies make gallon size milks (that I’ve seen)?

GLUE

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 1:27 am
Why do some people in cars get so aggravated if they see someone walking across the street?

bgr8ful

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 2:04 am
Omg this is me every night. Here are a few recent ones:
Isn’t it weird that so many (all?) food products that come from animals, like chicken, eggs, fish etc, are in the same shehakol brachah category as all “miscellaneous” products like candy? I would think food coming from an animal would be of like a higher caliber. After thinking abt it more I realized that maybe it was originally meant for that, cuz they didn’t have snacks and candy back then, and maybe as more food got created they were like eh just throw it into shehakol cuz that could cover everything. No idea if this has any hands or feet.

Another one a few weeks ago was abt cows. We’ve heard the stories of the farmers having to wake up at 4am to mooing cows in pain because they need to get milked, and I suddenly got very concerned abt wild cows. what do wild cows do when they need to get milked? (lol now it sounds dumb but at 4am when I was trying to sleep it felt very confusing and important)
turns out wild cows are like human moms and all other animals; once their babies are old enough and get weaned off they stop producing milk. Dairy cows on farms apparently have their babies forcefully weaned off early and then continue getting milked every day in order to continue producing milk.

Fascinating stuff.

bgr8ful

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 2:05 am
GLUE wrote:
Why do some people in cars get so aggravated if they see someone walking across the street?

Cause they’re walking too slow.

sitting

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 3:34 am
why do lemons have pips (drives me mad) and limes don't?
why did Hashem make other planets?
why did Hashem make teeth the way he did. one set will do that don't crumble, decay or get holes....nothing else gets holes! lol

zoom

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 4:34 am
Why is it called the alarm goes off anf not on?

corolla

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 6:52 am
groisamomma wrote:

Come to Chicago!

corolla

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 6:55 am
sitting wrote:
why do lemons have pips (drives me mad) and limes don't?
why did Hashem make other planets?
why did Hashem make teeth the way he did. one set will do that don't crumble, decay or get holes....nothing else gets holes! lol

This. If everything in this world was created to help Jews serve Hashem, how is this useful? Maybe affects the sun/moon?

Also, it would be pretty cool if life did exist on other planets.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 7:22 am
groisamomma wrote:

Because I hate the pump! Dh bought one and often puts it into the oil, and then I'm stuck with it until we finish that bottle of oil. When I want a cup of oil, I have to stand there pumping and pumping and it squirts all over the place! And when I put oil in the frying pan, I can only squirt it on one side of the pan (and all over the stove. I guess my aim is not that good.)

Tao

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 12:50 am
Why is it called a butterfly, and not a flutterby?

I thought of this question because my kids have been listening to Kivi and Tuki and they keep saying, "That's what I said Country Yossi, a flutterby"
And I'm thinking, it looks nothing like butter nor like a fly, but it does literally flutter by. Wouldn't that name make more sense??

Comptroller

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:39 am
Tao wrote:

I thought of this question because my kids have been listening to Kivi and Tuki and they keep saying, "That's what I said Country Yossi, a flutterby"
And I'm thinking, it looks nothing like butter nor like a fly, but it does literally flutter by. Wouldn't that name make more sense??

Absolutely.
Let's start a revolution and try to change the name.

GLUE

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:05 pm
I always wondered where tights got it's name.
Is it some other language? or a made up name?

a2z

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 5:07 am
Tao wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?.....UTF-8

Can't Believe It Confused Rolling Laughter

bgr8ful

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 12:43 am
so tonights question is do fish/whales/dolphins/sharks pee and poop in the ocean, and when we go to the ocean are we just swimming in fish excretion?
well apparently, yes, but no.
they do use the ocean as their toilet, but its like super diluted cuz the ocean is huge.

but whats pretty cool is that actually whale poop (maybe from other mammals too but I saw this abt whales) is part of the ocean ecosystem, as it has nutrients and stuff that get released and recycled in the ocean.

also fun fact, whales pee like a few hundred gallons a day.
I will definitely be thinking abt that the next time I'm by the beach.

gnite ya'll

synthy

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 1:18 am
bgr8ful wrote:
so tonights question is do fish/whales/dolphins/sharks pee and poop in the ocean, and when we go to the ocean are we just swimming in fish excretion?
well apparently, yes, but no.
they do use the ocean as their toilet, but its like super diluted cuz the ocean is huge.

but whats pretty cool is that actually whale poop (maybe from other mammals too but I saw this abt whales) is part of the ocean ecosystem, as it has nutrients and stuff that get released and recycled in the ocean.

also fun fact, whales pee like a few hundred gallons a day.
I will definitely be thinking abt that the next time I'm by the beach.

gnite ya'll

Actually, I once heard that shellfish live at the bottom of the ocean and basically eat the excrements of other fish. Therefore keeping kosher which doesn’t let us eat seafood keeps us healthier.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics