Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando for a newbie- rentals, parks, food

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 11:38 pm
Would like to take my two dds to Orlando. Have never been there. What would be the best value for a house rental? Do any of them include tickets for any of the parks? How can I tell if the pool is enclosed?
Also, can I use Uber in Orlando? What are the kosher food options?

SweetAngel

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 1:03 am
amother OP wrote:
Would like to take my two dds to Orlando. Have never been there. What would be the best value for a house rental? Do any of them include tickets for any of the parks? How can I tell if the pool is enclosed?
Also, can I use Uber in Orlando? What are the kosher food options?

House rentals depends on ur needs. For just two of you I would get a small champions gate house. No none of the rentals include tickets. You can look at pictures of the house or reach out to the owners. As far as I recall the champions gate homes are enclosed but with a see through mesh
Yes you can Uber. There is a fleishigs place with dine in option called kosher grill. There is also a grocery called Winn Dixie that carries a large amount of kosher food. There may be more options but I’m not sure what’s around year-round.
Go onto kosherorlando.com to see more info

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 3:04 am
Just went with our 5 kids! It was a wonderful vacation Smile .

We rented an Airbnb with a great pool and took along a Betty crocker for most meals (pancakes, frozen pizza, broccoli with melted cheese). We went out for dinner one night to kosher grill, which was yummy but pricey.

One of our best pieces of advice was to leave the park for lunch and a rest every day. We got to the park early when the lines were short (ok, shorter!), stayed until noon, went back to the Airbnb to eat lunch and swim a bit. Our big kids watched our littler kids while my husband and I napped for an hour or two, and we'd head back to the park around 3. The rest was essential for my husband and I to keep go go going all day, and our kids appreciated it too actually. We bought a along watercolor paints and new Lego sets, and let them watch 30 min to an hour of Netflix, and everyone stayed busy and happy those 2-3 hour mommy and daddy rest periods.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:33 am
You can go to one of the websites that is devoted to advising people on the best way to visit Disney in terms of hints.

If it is you and your two daughters and your visit is really for Disney, you might be best off staying at one of the hotels or motels in the resort. There are certain advantages to that including proximity as well as getting package deals. It also logistically is easier because you don't have to worry about getting to and from the park.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:45 am
Thank you.
Is there a minimum number of days for booking? Championsgate doesn't seem to allow me to book for just two days

save my marriag

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 4:13 pm
Every renter has their own rules (if you're referring to Airbnb) there are many 1000's of available houses for rent, don't settle

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:46 am
Do you want to only do Disney? If that is your goal, and you won't have a car, I would stay at a Disney hotel unless swimming is very important to you. That way all the transportation is included except the trip to and from the airport, and you will be much closer to the parks. Kosher Grill and Winn Dixie are also much closer to the Disney hotels than to the rental homes, so uber will be cheaper. Pop Century is really fun with big enough rooms for the three of you and not that expensive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics