Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
4th child. which gift would you prefer?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:43 am
Family friend now has 4 children KH. 4th child born (have at least 1 of each gender). would you prefer $18 or give ( 1-2 unique books that other children probably do not have) for baby that is born? I don't want to buy clothes because they can use what older children wore.

fauxreal

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:45 am
Rather books.
Friend gifted me a book before baby was born and the bigger kids loved it.

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:54 am
[quote="amother OP"]Family friend now has 4 children KH. 4th child born (have at least 1 of each gender). would you prefer $18 or give ( 1-2 unique books that other children probably do not have) for baby that is born? I don't want to buy clothes because they can use what older children wore.[/quote
Sometimes it’s nice to still give a new fresh outfit even if they have hand-me-downs.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:54 am
Books for sure

tweety1

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:56 am
[quote="amother Sand"]
amother OP wrote:
Family friend now has 4 children KH. 4th child born (have at least 1 of each gender). would you prefer $18 or give ( 1-2 unique books that other children probably do not have) for baby that is born? I don't want to buy clothes because they can use what older children wore.[/quote
Sometimes it’s nice to still give a new fresh outfit even if they have hand-me-downs.

I'm about to say the same. For every baby I like at least one new weekday and shabbos outfit that's #1, #2, seasons might be different, clothing stained etc

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:07 am
Is one of the children old enough to read the books?

Asking because kids could be 5, 4, 2 and newborn and 5 year old not really read yet.

If the kids or at least a kid are old enough to read on their own, that would be great.

However, if the kids can't read or this is the kind of book that the parent is supposed to read to the kid, I would say don't give it, because if could feel like another chore to the mom that she doesn't have time/energy for and feels guilty about.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics