Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach is my favorite YT AMA
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:45 am
I’m reading so many posts about how challenging Pesach is for many people and I feel blessed that it’s been my favorite and continues to be and my teens countdown for it— they legit love it BH.

Feel free to AMA.

(Anon simply because too many know me IRL and I have no idea what questions are coming and want to answer honestly!)

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:47 am
Mine too!! Probably because my mother never made it stressful for us and it’s just so special and connecting

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:51 am
It’s mine too and always was. But preparation for it is very hard. Not going to lie about that. My DH and kids though don’t love it as much as I do. They find it stressful and kvetch a lot , even though I’m the one doing all the work for the most part .

Since this is an AMA, I’m wondering if OP’s DH loves Pesach too.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:53 am
Pesach is the best! I host every year and we all look forward to it! Love how hyped the kids are with all their projects and everyone sharing their own little tidbits on yetziat mitzrayim. Lshana haba byerushalayim!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:54 am
Me too! I love pesach. Love the cooking, love, food, the seder.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:24 am
amother Lilac wrote:
It’s mine too and always was. But preparation for it is very hard. Not going to lie about that. My DH and kids though don’t love it as much as I do. They find it stressful and kvetch a lot , even though I’m the one doing all the work for the most part .

Since this is an AMA, I’m wondering if OP’s DH loves Pesach too.

A huge part of what makes it work is that my husband loves it and is determined to make it very enjoyable for our kids

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:25 am
Just wanna say it’s so nice to see how many love it!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:27 am
amother Red wrote:
Mine too!! Probably because my mother never made it stressful for us and it’s just so special and connecting

This is getting so frustrating. Why in the world would I get a hug here?? What did I say wrong pray tell?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:27 am
Same here! And my kids love it too! People always assume that a child's favorite holiday would be Chanukah and mine always say nope, pesach is the best! They count down to it all year.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:32 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m reading so many posts about how challenging Pesach is for many people and I feel blessed that it’s been my favorite and continues to be and my teens countdown for it— they legit love it BH.

Feel free to AMA.

(Anon simply because too many know me IRL and I have no idea what questions are coming and want to answer honestly!)

Same!!! I love Pesach!! It’s a bit harder now, because my father passed away a few days before pesach, but I try not to let it get it the way of my simchas hachag. It’s challenging, and especially this year when I have a very active 15 month old, but it’s my favorite, even with all the challenges.

What is your favorite part of pesach, and why is pesach your favorite? My favorite part is our Seder- it’s so family friendly and kid oriented. When I was younger, it was my favorite because it was the chag that I always got to go spend with my cousins.
The major side benefit is that after pesach, when everything goes on sale, I can stock up on all my gluten free things that I like to buy.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:34 am
hodeez wrote:
Pesach is the best! I host every year and we all look forward to it! Love how hyped the kids are with all their projects and everyone sharing their own little tidbits on yetziat mitzrayim. Lshana haba byerushalayim!!

Amen!!

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:34 am
I literally say that whenever I meet someone and they say that pesach is their favorite holiday I know that we’ll have nothing in common becisse I can’t relate to loving even one thing about pesach.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:38 am
Came here to say I love pesach too!!!
Tu b'shvat and purim are simply reminders that pesach is on the way. Yay!
The house is especially clean, I work slowly and steadily toward the cleaning and cooking, and I don't spend like crazy. We balance expectations --- and look forward to the extra special time together.

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:21 am
Do you all have tons of cleaning and household help and normal family to spend it with?

I love pesach once I get to it and my company leaves after first days But I work don’t have cleaning help and host difficult people. Pesach is so so hard on me. Tons of cleaning cooking and baking while working. Then needing to entertain kids

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:32 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
Do you all have tons of cleaning and household help and normal family to spend it with?

I love pesach once I get to it and my company leaves after first days But I work don’t have cleaning help and host difficult people. Pesach is so so hard on me. Tons of cleaning cooking and baking while working. Then needing to entertain kids

Exactly! It depends on what's happening.at home during that season. If I have enough help, am feeling well, and my guests are pleasant, than Pesach is beautiful. I love the feeling of kedusha that comes from being so distant from my mundane life. But it has to work out physically.

Persevere

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:37 am
Are you a very organized person?
What is your timeline for preparations?
Are there are any aspects that you find challenging about pesach?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:43 am
Since this is an AMA; what childhood trauma can be the culprit behind your love of pesach?

(I actually don’t mind pesach. Don’t love it but we’re good, pesach and I)

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:00 am
amother NeonPink wrote:

BH I do have a lot of cleaning help, but we do the pesach cleaning together. We also have normal company, although there were a few times when we had some craziness (the anorexic woman who had just found out she was Jewish, the lady who was Jewish by patrilineal descent, to name a few)
I don’t bake at all, and I don’t go crazy with the cooking either. My husband and my kids help a lot as well.
My husband was raised in a “make it all yourself, don’t buy anything, very machmir when it comes to cleaning” type home, and I was not. When we were going away it was fine, but as soon as I was the one to make pesach, I put my foot down. I had only little kids at the time, and I was pregnant, and I was absolutely not interested in doing more than I had to. I didn’t go crazy with the cleaning, and I told my husband that anything he wanted above what I had done, he could do himself. In terms of buying, I didn’t go crazy, but I did buy things like mayo and snacks for the kids. Over the years HE has chilled a lot, and now HE buys (or tells me to put on my list) more processed things.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:01 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Exactly! It depends on what's happening.at home during that season. If I have enough help, am feeling well, and my guests are pleasant, than Pesach is beautiful. I love the feeling of kedusha that comes from being so distant from my mundane life. But it has to work out physically.

I love pesach even when it doesn’t work out beautifully. It’s a general love for the chag, not each year individually.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:03 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
Me too! I love pesach. Love the cooking, love, food, the seder.
And you also love the cleaning and shopping?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics