Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
My boys are so difficult

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:20 pm
They come home from school at 4, together. They are best frenemies. Tons of sibling rivalry. They come home and the younger one acts wild and rude, even when I have fresh hot dinner waiting for them. Then he provoked the older one. Life feels unmanageable from 4 pm till 7 pm bedtime. Just yelling and wildness…

We went on vacation for a few days and it was so nice, they got to swim and got screentime and walk places and see things…
Where we live it’s cold, they don’t want after school activities, they don’t want to invite friends over…

Help!!

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:24 pm
I found it helpful to have a craft of activity planned for every night when they were that age. It was a lot of work but worth it. We did painting, baked, perler beads, puzzles etc...they needed the structure.

octopus

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:31 pm
Well that's kooky hour(s). It's very very hard. No advice because it's stressful.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:00 pm
Same situation, we also went somewhere warm, and it was much better. We went swimming and to parks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children