Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When did your child outgrow their eczema?

When did your child outgrow their eczema?
Less than a year old  
 11%  [ 3 ]
12-18 mos  
 7%  [ 2 ]
18-24 mos  
 3%  [ 1 ]
2-3 yrs  
 25%  [ 7 ]
3-4 yrs  
 11%  [ 3 ]
4-5 yrs  
 7%  [ 2 ]
Over 5 years old  
 33%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 27

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:27 pm
Just curious what the average age is. My baby has terrible eczema Sad

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:35 pm
It got a lot better when he wasn't exposed to food he was allergic to.
He also went on antibiotics for bacterial infection of his eczema (dermatologist).
Bleach baths once a week and regular baths every day with cerave soap.
I don't know if that helps, he's four now and it's not that bad. He went from being covered in it (at 6 months) and now it's just a few bad spots that are under control.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:38 pm
I answered for myself hope that's okay! I was born with crazy bad eczema all over my body. Over the years it just became a few very bad spots and then totally outgrew it in seminary and bH it's all gone now. Really not sure how that happened!
Hope your babys goes away way sooner than mine did!

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:54 pm
If it's really severe, there is almost definitely an allergic component.

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:58 pm
Once the allergin was removed we saw a lot of change. My babies eczema was terrible in the face, she was miserable, people said it can’t be allergies if it’s just the face. Even a Dermotologist I went to said nah this isn’t from allergies. Meanwhile my baby was severely allergic to dairy , egg, some trea nuts and other things. So definilty work on finding the allergin. Refuah shelama I feel so bad, it’s so hard

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:56 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Once the allergin was removed we saw a lot of change. My babies eczema was terrible in the face, she was miserable, people said it can’t be allergies if it’s just the face. Even a Dermotologist I went to said nah this isn’t from allergies. Meanwhile my baby was severely allergic to dairy , egg, some trea nuts and other things. So definilty work on finding the allergin. Refuah shelama I feel so bad, it’s so hard

Yes my baby is allergic to all those foods too but he isn’t eating any of them and neither am I. His eczema still isn’t clearing up

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:00 pm
mine went away when I hit the early teens and then came back about 15 years later with my first pregnancy and is back (in a mild form) ever since.
my kids' also went away in their early teens for the most part.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:06 pm
I didn't answer the poll cuz my daughter still didn't outgrow it. But I know what causes flare ups so I avoid that and she's fine. If I'm not careful then it comes back

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes my baby is allergic to all those foods too but he isn’t eating any of them and neither am I. His eczema still isn’t clearing up

I would look for other potential allergens, including environmental. Mold, dust, cleaning products, soap etc.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:40 pm
Mine did not outgrow theirs.
We take dupixant.
What a life changer Baruch HaShem.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:52 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I didn't answer the poll cuz my daughter still didn't outgrow it. But I know what causes flare ups so I avoid that and she's fine. If I'm not careful then it comes back

What causes her flare ups?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:54 pm
When she got her new immune system

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:04 pm
Some tips for eczema that worked for my kid:

Only use 100% cotton underwear, clothing, sheets, blankets, etc. even 95% cotton wasn’t good enough…

No scented shampoos and soaps

Gentle detergent

No touching things they’re allergic to (meaning I made sure to wash my hands with soap before touching someways would touch…)

Extremely consistent with aquaphor or Eucerin (depending on allergies of that kid some worked better for some kids than others) twice a day until a week after the eczema went away and then do once a day

Depending on age - sleep with mittens they shouldn’t itch at night

Bathe the minimum possible (easier said in winter than summer) with coldest water possible, tap dry (vs rigorous wiping) and moisturize right after

Have in mind eczema is manageable but not necessarily curable for some kids. It’s possible to manage it just takes a lot of time…

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:09 pm
Around same yime as puberty

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:58 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
Some tips for eczema that worked for my kid:

Only use 100% cotton underwear, clothing, sheets, blankets, etc. even 95% cotton wasn’t good enough…

No scented shampoos and soaps

Gentle detergent

No touching things they’re allergic to (meaning I made sure to wash my hands with soap before touching someways would touch…)

Extremely consistent with aquaphor or Eucerin (depending on allergies of that kid some worked better for some kids than others) twice a day until a week after the eczema went away and then do once a day

Depending on age - sleep with mittens they shouldn’t itch at night

Bathe the minimum possible (easier said in winter than summer) with coldest water possible, tap dry (vs rigorous wiping) and moisturize right after

Have in mind eczema is manageable but not necessarily curable for some kids. It’s possible to manage it just takes a lot of time…

I literally do all this already. No improvement

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:13 am
Are you doing any kind of liver or gut work? Filtering water and air?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 9:29 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Are you doing any kind of liver or gut work? Filtering water and air?

Liver and gut work on a baby?
We only drink spring water. How do I filter the air?

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 9:53 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
mine went away when I hit the early teens and then came back about 15 years later with my first pregnancy and is back (in a mild form) ever since.
my kids' also went away in their early teens for the most part.

This is-so interesting coz I also had eczema as a kid that stopped by puberty and suddenly made a reappearance in my first pregnancy. Interestingly it completely disappeared as soon as I gave back and I never got it in subsequent pregnancies. I always wonder what caused it to flare up again

newinbp

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 10:42 am
Almost five years old kid k”h waiting to outgrow it still with Hashem’s help

Motherhood

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 3:26 pm
I realized that eczema is a 2-factor problem. Something causes it to come out and make his body react harshly, and even when you figure out what causes it, you still have a rash that your body is fighting. After taking my baby off all the foods he’s allergic to, he still needed cortisone to clear him up. Your body can’t keep fighting itself. You need to help him clear it with cortisone, even if it’s a bandage and doesn’t work long term. Believe me, I’ve tried it all: cotton clothing, moisturizers, humidifiers, skin testing, clear detergent etc etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics