Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sending to babysitter

mom923

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:23 pm
I’m a first time mom. My baby is 5 months old and I’m Iyh starting a new job this coming week and sending my baby to a babysitter.
I’m so excited to get back to work and feel like a real person again, but so sad and anxious about having someone else watch my baby.
Not looking for advice… the decision isn’t up for debate. This is the right decision for me and my family right now.
Just looking for some support and validation that we’re both going to be ok.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:25 pm
Have you met the babysitter? Have you spoken to her? What’s your gut feeling?
If you feel good about her, just be aware it’s still normal to have a few days adjustment on both your end and baby’s end. And that’s ok.
Just pay attention to how you feel, when you drop baby off, and pick up… if you get good vibes iYH your baby will do great with someone who’s happy to give her great care.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:26 pm
I'm sure you did thorough research & the sitter is warm and loving. Your baby will get great care ih & will be very excited to see you when you come for him.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:55 pm
It’s ok. I promise. Children need a sane mom when there older much more than a full time caregiver as a baby. Additionally, research proves that if a baby is taken care of most of the time it makes no difference. Babies don’t have very high emotional needs

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 12:10 am
I think that sending to a sitter, is harder on the mother than on the baby.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 12:25 am
amother Maroon wrote:
I think that sending to a sitter, is harder on the mother than on the baby.

Yes I second this. I cried when going back to work - and I left the baby with my MIL who took really good care of her. And I love my job.

It’s hard on the mom. Give yourself love and space. Know that you’re doing what’s best for your family.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 12:56 am
You got this! I sent my baby starting at 4 months. She’s now 7 months and it has gotten a bit easier but it’s still hard to leave her! But I know she’s happy there and she gets a happier mother too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics