Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Public Apology to Fellow Imamother
1  2  Next

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 7:09 am
A few months ago I accused a fellow imamother poster - Methinks - of being a man or a troll (can't remember which and it doesn't really matter). I did this on the board and not in a pm, where I should have.

A mod came back to the thread and informed us that Methinks is a legit female poster and she asked us not to make public accusations in the future.

After a while I noticed that Methinks virtually disappeared from imamother and I had a feeling that my accusation was connected to her disappearance.

Today I pm'ed her to apologize and she answered me that she is was indeed very hurt by the accusation and that she is mochel me.

I just wanted to make sure the rest of you saw the apology since you may have witnessed the accusation.

I don't think I could have had a proper Tisha B'Av without apologizing. Kind of two faced to sit on the floor for the destruction of a building which was destroyed because of bein adam lachaveiro without worrying about my own bein adam lachaveiro.

Methinks also mentioned that she reads imamother sometimes and would be very happy to see a forum on "Hevei Dan et Ha'adam Lechaf Zchus" where people can share stories. Maybe I'll start a thread about when I get the chance!

freidasima

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 7:13 am
Chossidmom you are the best.

Ima'la

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 7:19 am
Yes

And Methinks, hope to see you around!

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 7:20 am
embarrassed
Well, maybe I can start a trend.... It occurred to me that hurting someone's feelings in a CYBER fashion is still hurting someone's feelings. Even if they are anonymous. I don't want to have to deal with this when I get up to Shamayim!!!

To quote a smart thing I heard: I just have to keep MY side of the street clean.

hila

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 7:22 am
And she has a great oatmeal cookie recipe too Smile

Kol, hakavod Chossidmom . You are brave to apologise

Tehilla

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 8:04 am
ChossidMom, this is such a beautiful example of how we should all behave.

Thanks, and I hope we'll be seeing more of MeThinks as well.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 8:12 am
Great idea. ChossidMom, I'd like to publicly apologize to you for the pm's I sent out to 2,000 members of Imamother to tell them to completely disregard everything you say. And also, I'm sorry about the times I sent pm's to Yael to tell her that you are, in reality, a male inmate at San Quentin. I'm 99%...well, 82% convinced that everything you say about yourself is true. Except the part about being Chassidic. And maybe Jewish.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Now I'll apologize for this.

You did a nice thing, ChossidMom. Doesn't surprise me, coming from you. You're good people.

mimivan

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 8:12 am
Way to go Chossidmom...I have been there too and have b'h I think straightened things out with another poster..

If anyone has been hurt by something I have posted, please pm me...

thanks for setting a great example as usual, chossidmom..

Motek

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 11:16 am
That's really admirable ChossidMom.

As far as a thread on dan l'chaf zechus, here's one that people can add to:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....7f4f8

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 11:32 am
Well all I can say is that I have public admiration for an imamother poster, a true dugma chay of how a person should behave to someone who (even if accidentaly) they wronged. KOL HAKOVOD Very Happy

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 11:42 am
That's brave.

I hope to see you soon methinks.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 3:03 pm
courageous indeedy ...

hey now - I was accused of being a man the first week I joined ... it must be the testosterone ... What

In the kitchen

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 3:19 pm
It's nice to read about positive things. Thank you for sharing your good deeds and mending between the two of you. It's inspirational and a wonderful example for all of us.

HappyPurim

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 3:21 pm
I noticed that in the chat room, the new members always get accused for being a guy, They dont realize that this is not any stupid chat room on the internet, these or adult woman etc....

mama-star

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 3:25 pm
chossidmom, that is excellent. yasher koach.

I would like to echo mimivan's sentiment... if I myself have hurt any of you, chas v'shalom, I apologize, and please pm me if need be.

p.s. clarissa, you were off by one point. chossidmom is actually doing time in sing sing. I'm in the cell next door. she makes great license plates, you should know.

ettasarah

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 3:37 pm
[size=12] [/size][color=blue] [/color] Please forgive my ignorance, but what does "Hevei Dan et Ha'adam Lechaf Zchus" mean?

realeez

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 3:40 pm
ettasarah wrote:
Please forgive my ignorance, but what does "Hevei Dan et Ha'adam Lechaf Zchus" mean?

Judge ppl favorably/give the benefit of the doubt.

ettasarah

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 3:45 pm
Thanks, as a BT, it really helps to understand the lingo.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 4:17 pm
Welcome ettasara!

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:14 pm
O.K. folks, I’m back and will bez”H be active again bl”n.

ChossidMom, I take my hat off for you and commend you for taking the courage to apologize in public. I hereby would like to add my own apology to you for denouncing your rights of calling yourself a “chossid”. Now that you have overpowered your inner feelings and truly acted al pi midas chassidus, you honestly deserve the name “ChossidMom”. Your noble act inspired others and shall continue to encourage others to give the benefit of the doubt before judging negatively. If there are doubts, discreet Private Messages should be used to avoid condemning and hurting others in public. Kol Hakavod!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics