Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
OP of retail store thread
1  2  Next

im shy

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 3:14 pm
Please pm me. I have some inquiries

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 3:36 pm
Why would you say that here and not on that thread?

im shy

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 7:46 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Why would you say that here and not on that thread?

That thread was locked for whatever reason

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 7:12 am
I’m the op. Don’t want to out myself but you can post here.

Also happy to answer general Shopify questions on how I started and how someone can break into the field.

im shy

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 7:28 am
Thank you!
I am in the process of starting a kids clothing brand- it's a specific niche that no other brand has. I spoke with someone in the field and got a lot of information and ordered samples for aw25. I reproduced the samples with corrections and I am going to receive the final pieces next week iyh.
Do you think I'm too late?
Do you think I will be more successful if I go through a wholesaler?
Approximately how many pieces do you think I would sell if 2 or 3 big companies take my product (if you can estimate)?
What are scenarios that would make a store take back their deposits or ask for $ back?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 8:26 am
Wishing you lots of luck. Were you the one who asked lots of questions regarding new brands on the other thread? I had the thread closed because of the direction it was going so I’m going to vague here.

I really recommend you get a real life business mentor in the field.

im shy wrote:
Thank you!
I am in the process of starting a kids clothing brand- it's a specific niche that no other brand has. - it’s hard to say how popular it will be if I have no idea what it is

I spoke with someone in the field and got a lot of information and ordered samples for aw25. I reproduced the samples with corrections and I am going to receive the final pieces next week iyh.
Do you think I'm too late? Most have ordered already but if it’s a really great product you can still try this week

Do you think I will be more successful if I go through a wholesaler? Yes

Approximately how many pieces do you think I would sell if 2 or 3 big companies take my product (if you can estimate)? I wouldn’t know. Maybe 20 in each size? Start a website and sell from there to.

What are scenarios that would make a store take back their deposits or ask for $ back? Damaged or defective items will always need to be reimbursed by the company. Items that pimple shrink fade ext after wash. You need to test out your items well and put clear wash instructions.

im shy

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 10:18 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Wishing you lots of luck. Were you the one who asked lots of questions regarding new brands on the other thread? I had the thread closed because of the direction it was going so I’m going to vague here.

I really recommend you get a real life business mentor in the field.

Thank you so much for responding. I'm not that amother.
I spoke to someone in the field irl.
I greatly appreciate your responses.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 10:36 am
I’m the op. Don’t want to out myself but you can post here.

Also happy to answer general Shopify questions on how I started and how someone can break into the field.

Wondering if you know this, and can help me out. Which companies should I be looking at for my fuller 13 year old daughter? She wears between size 16/18 and 22.

im shy

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 11:00 am
One more question;
I designed two separate collections. One is arriving next week and the other might still take some time. Is it worth it to just do one collection?

amother
Kiwi

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 11:26 am
im shy wrote:
One more question;
I designed two separate collections. One is arriving next week and the other might still take some time. Is it worth it to just do one collection?

It depends if you have moq, and how many stores you can get into. But if you can get into stores now for showings, I wouldn’t wait if it’s for next f/w

im shy

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 11:58 am
amother Kiwi wrote:
It depends if you have moq, and how many stores you can get into. But if you can get into stores now for showings, I wouldn’t wait if it’s for next f/w

thank you. Is it tacky though to just have one collection?

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:53 am
where do the yiddish company owners sew up their clothing?
I also started and used a US company to sew but it was expensive.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:58 am
amother Molasses wrote:
where do the yiddish company owners sew up their clothing?
I also started and used a US company to sew but it was expensive.

China. Or Turkey.

I worked for a well-known quality brand that purchased their fabric and does their sewing in Turkey.

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:08 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
China. Or Turkey.

I worked for a well-known quality brand that purchased their fabric and does their sewing in Turkey.
thanks for replying! The company I used in the US also provided and purchased the fabric.
I was only dealing with 1 company who helped with the pattern, material and sewing. I only designed the style and design. For ex:I sketched an undershirt with snaps at the side covered with a teddy bear pattern and they created a pattern, brought me sample fabrics and then sewed it up.
I know not all companies have a 1 in all service.
Did the Turkey company do that too?
Any clue How I can start searching for a Chinese or Turkish company? Even if they only take care of the sewing part. How do I know if they're good? I want top quality sewing.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:29 pm
I’m the another who was asking all the questions on the other thread.

Just want to comment here too to OP. I’m starting with a tiny collection for AW24 that I’ll be showing at a women’s show after pesach. Samples are being produced now. I know it’s late, but for a specific reason I’m willing to take the risk.

And then gonna go full out for SS25 which I’m currently designing.

In a way I think it’s better to start small, smaller risk, easier to perfect, but it’s a risk after all.

Wishing you so much hatzlacha!

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:34 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:

Just want to comment here too to OP. I’m starting with a tiny collection for AW24 that I’ll be showing at a women’s show after pesach. Samples are being produced now. I know it’s late, but for a specific reason I’m willing to take the risk.

In a way I think it’s better to start small, smaller risk, easier to perfect, but it’s a risk after all.

Can you give me some info on how to sign up to that show? I'm actually looking for kids clothing shows.. Any leads?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:07 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
Wondering if you know this, and can help me out. Which companies should I be looking at for my fuller 13 year old daughter? She wears between size 16/18 and 22.

I’d go for teen companies. Did you try Udel?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:08 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:

Wishing you lots of success!

Optione

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:16 pm

Udel is designed for slim profiles.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:39 pm

Thanks. She usually does well with Christina Rohde for Shabbos, but looking for additional ideas for Shabbos and weekday. Tee shirts, denim skirts, dresses etc.
Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics