Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS boy's mesivta
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:25 am
High level learning plus some secular studies. Torahdig, open minded yeshivish families.
Does this exist? Coming from Brooklyn, litvish Yeshiva.

salt

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:41 am
Nehora - it's not in Beit Shemesh - it's dorming.
And there is another similar yeshiva that also begins with nun, forgotten the name.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:49 am
What about Mesivta? I know some families who send there and are very happy with the level of educations. It's a yeshiva tichonit in RBS.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:04 am
Thanks for your replies. Nehora seems more to the left than what we are looking for.
What type of families send to mesivta?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for your replies. Nehora seems more to the left than what we are looking for.
What type of families send to mesivta?

The families I know are American olim who are typical yeshivish families who value secular studies along with limudei kodesh.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:09 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
The families I know are American olim who are typical yeshivish families who value secular studies along with limudei kodesh.

Sounds like a great option! Going to look into it. Tysm!
Which girls elementary and high school do these families send to?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Sounds like a great option! Going to look into it. Tysm!
Which girls elementary and high school do these families send to?

I can only guess that they send to Bais Yaakov for elementary and Ko Tomar for high, but I don't know for sure.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:03 am
Anyone made Aliyah from Flatbush, think mir/chaim Berlin/ cheder? Does this type exist in Eretz Yisrael? Yeshivish families, very strong limudei kodesh plus decent secular curriculum.

The mesivta mentioned above might work, but from their site, it looks much more open minded than what we are looking for...

salt

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:05 am
Have you looked into the Yishuv, in Tel Aviv?

(not connected to your previous post, I don't know those places in Flatbush)

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:21 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
I can only guess that they send to Bais Yaakov for elementary and Ko Tomar for high, but I don't know for sure.

Some.

More likely they send to magen avot/bnos malka for elementary and bnot harama and peninei chain for high school.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 6:26 am
[quote="amother OP"]Anyone made Aliyah from Flatbush, think mir/chaim Berlin/ cheder? Does this type exist in Eretz Yisrael? Yeshivish families, very strong limudei kodesh plus decent secular curriculum.

The mesivta mentioned above might work, but from their site, it looks much more open minded than what we are looking for...[

You mentioned that secular studies are important to you. And Israel, you are not going to find most charedi high schools won’t have an emphasis on secular studies. Mesifta is good families, but people that are more American and do prefer the secular studies so that their kids have options when they get older. You are not going to find that many more to the right than this. This is pretty strict and definitely to the right. Also, if you’re coming with older kids, you have a lot to consider.if you put them in a more Israeli place they might not be successful.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 6:34 am
amother OP wrote:
Anyone made Aliyah from Flatbush, think mir/chaim Berlin/ cheder? Does this type exist in Eretz Yisrael? Yeshivish families, very strong limudei kodesh plus decent secular curriculum.

The mesivta mentioned above might work, but from their site, it looks much more open minded than what we are looking for...

I second Mesivta. The learning is on a very high level. The menahel, Rabbi Willig, is very warm and a native English speaker. My son is in 9th grade and really loves his Rebbe.

What about it makes you think it's more to the left than Flatbush schools?

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 9:03 am
There was a school called Maarava, but my info is a few years outdated. Unfortunately it didn't end up working out for us... Yet.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 9:09 am
OP is there a way to connect with you? We are doing similar research right now.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 10:01 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
OP is there a way to connect with you? We are doing similar research right now.

I just set up a new anonymous email
Aliyahplanning24@gmail.com

Let me know once you see this and I'll delete this info.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:11 am
Got it thanks!

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:20 am
Many of the same boys apply to Mesivta and Maaravah. Major difference is Maaravah is a dorm and Mesivta is not.

The elementary boys schools that most of the boys come from: Magen Avot, Netzach, Darchei Noam and Toras Moshe.

There's also a new school Pe'er Torah which is also a dorm. Similar type school, may be a drop more to the right but I'm not sure about that.

salt

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:06 am
There is also a yeshiva high school in Jerusalem called Chedvat Hatorah.
I think it's optional dorming for kids who don't live nearby.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 6:37 am
The Israeli charadim who are closest to what you are in America will not veer from the path of yeshiva ketana which means no secular education from about age 15. You either have to choose that or maarava/misifta. The later will have a range of boys some of whom are similar to you and some you may consider too modern/open. Still probably better to live in E"Y and pick one of these options than living in chul .

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 7:51 am
I heard Maarava is also extremely hard to get into, fyi.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions