Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Chabad tefillin bags

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 7:33 am
Vent- how did we get here that every boys gets a super expensive leather bag? It’s expensive, unnecessary and just completely ludicrous that this became standard. And then we have to personalize it down to the exact thread color we want- insane. This is the bar mitzvah experience??!!!

I am already bucking the trend in the type of bar mitzvah I’m making, how he’s saying his maamer and laining, so I can’t not get leather when 99%of his classmates and his up coming Mesivta class have one.

So help please- where is the cheapest place to get a leather or leather look bag? Chabad double bag only- so Ali is out.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 7:37 am
There are a bunch of options on Ali. This can be your starting point.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....Adapt

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 7:59 am
I can’t order from Ali since Chabad wears two pairs of tefillin so the bag measurements are different. I can’t rely on that level of customization being accurate.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:15 am
Yes the materialistic level is out of control. Koodos to you for realizing this is a social need for your son. These tefillin bags are expensive everywhere. You can't judge the total price by listed price because once you customize prices change drastically. If your in crown heights just go withe Prestige. Their the original, Wonderful customer and great work (we're not local but travel there with each son)

SYA

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:57 am
I agree about Prestige Embroidery.
They have several price levels so you can choose from the lower end and just choose the leather and thread colors.
They were a pleasure to deal with.
My boys all got from prestige and we got my husband’s Tallis bag from there as well.

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 9:54 am
I’ve been very happy with Royaljudaica.com
You can be in touch with them directly over WhatsApp and they’re super helpful and responsive. I didn’t fully compare but their prices are great

exhausted

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:36 am
Royal Judaica has leather look which is significantly cheaper than leather.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics