Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
EEC degrees - special education

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:11 pm
DD wants to get a special ed degree through EEC. Anyone know if other colleges will accept it. If she wants to go to turo and continue her masters will they recognize a BA from EEC?
Is it well respected and recognized by employers?

sbs

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:37 pm
I never heard of EEC and don't know if Touro accepts it,
but as an employer who hires special ed graduates, I wouldn't care where they got their BA.

Bleemee

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:38 pm
sbs wrote:
I never heard of EEC and don't know if Touro accepts it,
but as an employer who hires special ed graduates, I wouldn't care where they got their BA.

What do you care about when hiring someone?

sbs

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:08 pm
Bleemee wrote:
What do you care about when hiring someone?

I care most about their attitude, work ethic, and then about their previous experiences.
Some masters programs are better than others and graduates come out more prepared, but that wouldn't be a reason for me to make a final hiring decision.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
DD wants to get a special ed degree through EEC. Anyone know if other colleges will accept it. If she wants to go to turo and continue her masters will they recognize a BA from EEC?
Is it well respected and recognized by employers?

Tuoro probably won't take EEC, just like they don't take TTI, and TRIO

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 6:50 pm
EEC degrees is accredited with excelsior college that is accepted nationally

Teacher_EW

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 6:57 pm
sbs wrote:
I care most about their attitude, work ethic, and then about their previous experiences.
Some masters programs are better than others and graduates come out more prepared, but that wouldn't be a reason for me to make a final hiring decision.

I second this. I hire staff, both with and without degrees. Where someone got their degree is less important to me than why they got it. Are they in it only for the pay raise, or are they passionate about helping kids learn and finding ways to reach every child? Are they willing and excited about the training opportunities we offer, or are they annoyed because they think they already learned everything in school?

In terms of other colleges accepting the degree, I would present it as a degree from xyz College, and less on the company that facilitated the degree... for example, if someone went to Excelsior College through TTI, I would focus on the Excelsior College degree more than TTI both on a resume and cover letter, and on a personal statement when applying to a masters program...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics