Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Ready made Shaloch manos

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 7:53 pm
Would you buy ready made shaloch manos from someone to make your life easier, not home baked stuff, just bought things and set up nicely. I'm thinking of doing this and wondering if there would be a need for it. I'm in the Lakewood area if that makes a difference

salt

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 4:23 am
The only case I'd buy a ready made up and wrapped mishloach manot would be if for some reason it was extremely necessary for me to give a very aesthetically perfect looking mishloach manot to make some impression or whatever, because I'm no good at doing that myself, but I can't really think of a reason why I would have such a case.
In general, it's not worth the extra money paying you for your time.

So no I wouldn't.
(I don't live in Lakewood)

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 4:35 am
I wouldn’t, because I enjoy making them as do my kids

If I needed something nice and standard pre-made for a couple people (my MM are always nice but very creative with our theme), I’d just run to the store to pick some up. Usually all the grocery/chocolate stores sell, no?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 4:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Would you buy ready made shaloch manos from someone to make your life easier, not home baked stuff, just bought things and set up nicely. I'm thinking of doing this and wondering if there would be a need for it. I'm in the Lakewood area if that makes a difference

I've done PC pops or pretzels etc when I was very post-birth or pre birth.
Prob not random bought stuff- I can just do that myself.

There are tons of options already.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 5:21 am
amother OP wrote:

Many shops sell prepackaged options. Are you thinking of something similar, or would yours be unique in some way?

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 5:45 am
Elfrida wrote:
Many shops sell prepackaged options. Are you thinking of something similar, or would yours be unique in some way?

This. But the shops prices are unaffordable. Would yours be a more affordable option?

Itsallfromhim

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 6:01 am
If you create something unique and different Id definitely buy

Don’t have time to prepare

amother
Black

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 7:03 am
I live in Lakewood and would buy depending on the price. It also would have to be nice or yummy or special, not just some random nosh in a basket.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 7:04 am
If u do a percentage goes to tzedakah even if expensive people like to buy

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 7:09 am
I mostly only buy ready made. The ones I make from scratch go to a very select few people. I don’t enjoy it.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 7:10 am
In Los Angeles there is a lady that makes shaloch manors for people but it’s very fancy and expensive

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:17 am
I'd buy if it were reasonably priced, $7-8 per shalach manos. I'd buy 30. Each year, its such a pressure to make something that presents nicely. Its just not my talent. And, more and more, my neighbors give out store bought things, not homemade anymore. The cheap ones at PCPops and those type of things are alway sold out first. I think there's a market for it. But has to be nice, not wafers in a wicker basket...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:28 pm
Thank you so much for your answers everyone! Very helpful!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 3:21 pm
Definitely a market for it under $6 to 10 wrapped nicely would be a dream.

It’s end up costing more all the packaging and extras so I’d definitely easier especially when Purim is so busy

salt

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:15 pm
If you are very creative and offer to make personalized mishloach manot, according to a requested theme, there might be a demad for that, for people who like to do costume themes and matching mishloach manot but can't think what to put in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics