Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cooking in a pizza maker
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:11 am
I finally got a pizza maker, and Google isn't being too helpful regarding cooking times.
Maybe only frum people use it for everything and anything? What
How long do I cook sliced potatoes in it?
Also, I pretty much decided to make it fleishig, but I'm open to hearing my fellow ima's opinions.
Regarding toiveling, what did you do?
Thanks for your help

Highstrung

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:13 am
My pizza maker had a hechsher on it from the OK that said it doesn’t need tevilah.(on the box)

I don’t know about cooking times . I never used it for something like potatoes. I would say you probably need to check it every so often to see how it’s doing. It’s what I do whenever I make anything in it.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:15 am
There's a blog on between carpools with cooking times and ideas.
A betty crocker is a huge time saver!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:20 am
Thanks,
I keep on checking the potatoes, they're almost done and looking great and crispy!
Anyone tried chicken bottoms, or is that too ambitious?

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:20 am
I have one for milchig and one for fleishig. Best thing!
I don’t know how long each thing needs to cook for, but the cookbook ready in the Betty has great recipes with cook time.

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks,
I keep on checking the potatoes, they're almost done and looking great and crispy!
Anyone tried chicken bottoms, or is that too ambitious?

I have, but only drumsticks. It comes out delicious! Kind of like broiled when I don’t add anything to it. I bake potatoes on the side and kids love it with the crispy chicken fat on it!
Though there is a method for getting perfect baked bottoms.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:28 am
I love making schnitzel in mine. I've never tried chicken bottoms but I've heard ppl do it. I also make potato kugel in it and roast broccoli on it.

goforit

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:30 am
I coat the bottoms in eggs then cornflakes crumbs, it comes out like it was deep fried!

Yum

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:48 am
If you’re on Instagram @kaysinthekitchen uses it a lot. You can look at some of her posts or dm her.
Duddy’s electronics sells one that doesn’t need to be toiveled. Bingo might have one too. Some people toivel, some don’t because it’s electric. Your Rabbi can tell you.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:41 am
I thought people use this as an appliance while traveling or if they only have one oven and only use it for meat/milk so they want an alternative.

Do people really use this for regular cooking even if you do have an oven or stove you could use instead? Is it because it’s faster? Food tastes better? Less cleanup?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
I thought people use this as an appliance while traveling or if they only have one oven and only use it for meat/milk so they want an alternative.

Do people really use this for regular cooking even if you do have an oven or stove you could use instead? Is it because it’s faster? Food tastes better? Less cleanup?

I also ask myself why there's a need for another electrical appliance.

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:07 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:

No pots or pans dirty.
I line it with a parchment paper, some things with foil under paper.
Easy shmeasy cleanup and faster than oven or pot for many things.

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:07 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I also ask myself why there's a need for another electrical appliance.

See my answer above, plus the taste of some things are so much better from Betty!

I’m a huge fan lol! Too bad I don’t get commission…

zoom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:11 pm
Do you have to babysit over it like a pot?

If yes, whats the point?

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:13 pm
zoom wrote:
Do you have to babysit over it like a pot?

If yes, whats the point?

I don’t babysit it, but food gets ready pretty quickly so I stay around.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:10 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
I don’t babysit it, but food gets ready pretty quickly so I stay around.

Same. I recently got mine and we all love it , and use it most days for a quick lunch/supper! Made mine milky. Had a teen kid home sick today, he made his own lunch in it. If the kids don't like the supper that I made, they'll make themselves a quick cheese toast or omellete in it.

We toivelled ours, left to dry in a warm room for about a week before using it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:38 pm
Update: I made sliced potatoes with oil and spices in it first, they were delicious; soft inside, crispy outside, and ready in 20 minutes!
Then I decided to risk trying chicken bottoms, didn't want to get my oven fleishig. I spread honey mustard mayo on them first, then rolled in bread crumbs. I tried wings as well,those were the best. But everything was so tasty. Fully cooked on the inside and crispy, yummy crumbs.
I definitely have a new best friend in the kitchen!

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:41 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:

I am not sure if this actually makes any sense, but turning on the oven feels like a big deal. The whole oven for just one dish?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Update: I made sliced potatoes with oil and spices in it first, they were delicious; soft inside, crispy outside, and ready in 20 minutes!
Then I decided to risk trying chicken bottoms, didn't want to get my oven fleishig. I spread honey mustard mayo on them first, then rolled in bread crumbs. I tried wings as well,those were the best. But everything was so tasty. Fully cooked on the inside and crispy, yummy crumbs.
I definitely have a new best friend in the kitchen!

How long for chicken bottoms?

zoom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:52 pm
Of course you use an oven for one dish, no?

Im trying to understand, what does it do more then an oven, or cheese toaster etc?

If you dont have a milky oven, I understand, pizza etc.

But what else does itdo that other kitchen appliances dont?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen