Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Child has a dentist appointment& you bring along your baby?
Previous  1  2

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:46 pm
momof2+? wrote:
I’m not sure if we are talking about the same dentist. My old dentist wouldn’t allow any other siblings in the back room with the patient and parent. They also wouldn’t allow young kids to wait in the waiting room alone. So if you want to bring multiple kids for cleanings, you need 2 adults- one in the waiting room and one in the back. Or make all your kids appointments different days 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

If multiple kids have an appointment together, DH comes with me. We do a late Friday afternoon appointment so he can come. But our dentists usually takes all kids in the same room & does one after the other.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:47 pm
I'm just trying to figure out why people are bringing little siblings along if they know they're going to be stuck leaving them crying in the waiting room. Why is that okay??

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:57 pm
Sounds like it's the way it's said. They are nasty how they speak. I am not in Lakewood and I have brought my babies to my appts with me as long as I thought they would sleep. I also make appts very early in the morning (6:30 or 7:00 AM) most of the time so either dh or I just takes the kids that needs to be seen, other kids are home sleeping and getting ready for school.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 3:42 pm
I'm sorry Op it's a very hard rule.

For all the people that say make appointments at a different time or bring your husband along to the dentist I'm not sure which planet you live on but not on mine! LOL
You're lucky if you're able to book a filling for a cavity 3 months prior and then you have very little choice but take what's available.
I don't know too many couples that know both spouses schedules 3 to 6 months before appointment time!!!

I want your job!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 4:47 pm
I don’t know which dentist you mean but when we used dr Peykus they didn’t allow extra kids either. It seems like a normal policy. If babies are crying in the waiting room it’s because they have irresponsible parents who brought them knowing they wouldn’t be able to take them back. I’m surprised the office staff doesn’t tell them to go home and return without the baby.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:07 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
I don’t know which dentist you mean but when we used dr Peykus they didn’t allow extra kids either. It seems like a normal policy. If babies are crying in the waiting room it’s because they have irresponsible parents who brought them knowing they wouldn’t be able to take them back. I’m surprised the office staff doesn’t tell them to go home and return without the baby.

Not everyone has options. As a SAHM with no family nearby & no drop in daycare I really don't have where to leave kids during the day. The only babysitters are high schoolers who are only available at night. My DH works 2 full time jobs.

BH my dentist takes the whole family in 1 room by default & it works out beutifuly. For cavities etc. I try to send my kids in by themselves from an early age, for most of them it works out well (door is open, I can peak in any time).

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:20 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:

For all the people that say make appointments at a different time or bring your husband along to the dentist I'm not sure which planet you live on but not on mine! LOL
You're lucky if you're able to book a filling for a cavity 3 months prior and then you have very little choice but take what's available.
I don't know too many couples that know both spouses schedules 3 to 6 months before appointment time!!!

I want your job!

I think most people know their work schedules a few months in advance. If you teach or you work in an office you know your hours.

If you have a service profession (construction, plumbing, makeup, hair etc) then you make your own schedule. So if you know you have dentist appointments 3-6 months in advance then don't schedule any work then

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:34 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
I think most people know their work schedules a few months in advance. If you teach or you work in an office you know your hours.

If you have a service profession (construction, plumbing, makeup, hair etc) then you make your own schedule. So if you know you have dentist appointments 3-6 months in advance then don't schedule any work then

If you teach you can't take off to go to the dentist!
Most office jobs you also can't take off to go to the dentist, can you imagine if you have a few kids....
My husband has a job that he goes to "by the day" so if he has an appointment he has to take off a whole day and misses one day's salary.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:36 pm
Dr Jocelyn and Dr Kearns from that office left and opened their own practice. It’s a bit further out but they take insurance and are super nice and very skilled and you don’t need to wait half a year for an appointment. Their practice is called sycamore smiles.

I actually only made the switch when I was told that dr Sherman no longer does treatment. The two dentists above left and he doesn’t treat and a 10 month wait - what’s there to stay for?

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:12 am
OP, if it’s the dentist I use , I know exactly what you mean. The office staff is just not pleasant at all. There’s a glass window that blocks the reception which a huge sign not to touch the glass , leave the door closed , don’t touch this or that etc etc. Its a shame because the dentists there are good, but the office staff are just all rude. No smiles for the kids or adults.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:02 am
amother Vermilion wrote:

I want your job!

We've always gone on Sundays and book months ahead. B"H and b'li ayin hara, we've never had a dental emergency.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:06 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:
It sounds like they're pretty rude about it, but I can understand why they have such a policy. But they could probably go about "enforcing" it in a better way.

Sounds like they tell the parents the policy in 500 different ways in every single conversation and yet people still don't listen.

So yeah, I'd be rude too. What alternative ways should they enforce the policy? Hire a babysitter?

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:50 am
My dentist office had that policy for a bit after covid. Then they stopped. We usually schedule two kids back to back so of course we need a sibling there as well.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:52 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
We've always gone on Sundays and book months ahead. B"H and b'li ayin hara, we've never had a dental emergency.

Most offices are closed on Sunday

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:58 am
My office in Jackson has that policy, all their patients are frum
It’s never seemed antisemitic to me and the staff seemed very pleasant
They started the policy Covid time and just kept it
And it’s not for a regular cleaning, only for work that needs to be done
For a regular cleaning I bring all my kids and they take them all back and do them one by one
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries