Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Finding summer jobs for girls

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:27 pm
I have a 7th grade dd, this is the first year she'd be working, she wants to be an assistant in a backyard camp or playgroup. I have no idea how to go about finding her a job. I never sent a kid to a backyard camp here or playgroup. I don't know anyone who runs one, I don't know anyone who knows anyone who does.
Seems like other girls find jobs with people they know. And classmates are telling her there are no jobs left.

I have no idea how this works. Did I miss the boat? Do I cold call places and ask if they're looking? Help!

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:30 pm
Check the bpweekly there are many ads. If you can ask around that is better because you can get a better feel of the place.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:32 pm
amother Mint wrote:
Check the bpweekly there are many ads. If you can ask around that is better because you can get a better feel of the place.
What does asking around mean?

Am I very late to the game?

I'm part of a wider neighborhood whatsapp group with ppl I mostly don't know does it make sense to post there?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:37 pm
Yes definitely post in the WhatsApp group. I’d ask people who send to playgroups if they know if the Morah is looking.

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
What does asking around mean?

Am I very late to the game?

I'm part of a wider neighborhood whatsapp group with ppl I mostly don't know does it make sense to post there?

It means mentioning to friends who live in the area that dd is looking for a job if they could keep you in mind.
Are you new to the community. You said you don’t know anyone who even knows anyone who knows anyone who runs a backyard camp or playgroup, does that mean you don’t have any neighbourhood friends with kids who are sending their kids out in the summer? Morah’s usually prioritise hiring girls they know or girls their friends know so finding a connection is ideal.

UQT

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:56 pm
Are you looking for first half or second? Since many camps are first half only - Ruach chaim, Malka etc finding a job first half shouldn’t be too hard

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:02 pm
UQT wrote:
Are you looking for first half or second? Since many camps are first half only - Ruach chaim, Malka etc finding a job first half shouldn’t be too hard
Second half

I didn't think it would be too hard but I don't even know where to start

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:04 pm
amother Melon wrote:
It means mentioning to friends who live in the area that dd is looking for a job if they could keep you in mind.
Are you new to the community. You said you don’t know anyone who even knows anyone who knows anyone who runs a backyard camp or playgroup, does that mean you don’t have any neighbourhood friends with kids who are sending their kids out in the summer? Morah’s usually prioritise hiring girls they know or girls their friends know so finding a connection is ideal.
Not new but no little kids so not in on the playgroup/preschool scene at all, and don't socialize much with the other mothers here (also because of no little kids). It feels weird to ask ppl I never speak to about this
I did post on the development chat, didn't get any responses

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:19 pm
You can try the daycares. They often hire this age. I think blossom advertised. But definitely call the ads in the bpweekly

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Mint wrote:
You can try the daycares. They often hire this age. I think blossom advertised. But definitely call the ads in the bpweekly
I'll do that. Thanks!

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:39 pm
The daycares all hire girls for the summer. The backyard camps probably have hired whoever they’re going to take for that age group because a lot of moros want older and the ones who take younger get snapped up right away. I would focus on daycares. But they often go with a friend. Tell her to find out if anyone is working at a daycare.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 8:36 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
The daycares all hire girls for the summer. The backyard camps probably have hired whoever they’re going to take for that age group because a lot of moros want older and the ones who take younger get snapped up right away. I would focus on daycares. But they often go with a friend. Tell her to find out if anyone is working at a daycare.
she has a friend she wants to work with but the friend told her to try and find. I'm assuming she's also doing some looking but idk the mother so I can't really talk to her.

Good to know about backyard vs daycare. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries