Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding Reply Cards...Question?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:35 pm
Do the reply cards go to whichever side is inviting the guest? When we got married, all reply cards went to my parents. Chosson's Father is insisting to get their replies sent back to them. Invitation place will only make a second return envelope for a huge fee since one envelope is part of the package, not two. We told him we're even happy to mail everything and he doesn't have to worry!

What do people normally do?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:37 pm
Where I live, two sets of return card envelopes is the norm. We got back our responses, and our Mechutanim got back theirs.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:45 pm
Not sure where you’re ordering your invites from. We just used BP graphics for my daughter’s wedding. I had assumed all the responses would come to us but the proofs they sent me had both and that’s what we ended up ordering. It worked out much better that way. Many people responded with personal notes and this way they got theirs and we got ours.

gr82no

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:47 pm
All the responses came to me. After my wedding I showed them to my husband. I still have them.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:49 pm
It's normal to get two return envelopes.

I think I'd tell the printer if they can't accommodate for a normal price I'll go to someone else.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:55 pm
For my and all my siblings weddings each side had their own return envelopes. Makes no sense not to. I’m sorry the printer you’re using is charging an extra fee. That’s really frustrating!

imamothertoo

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:23 pm
Years ago when we got married, return cards all went to the girls side. I haven’t seen that done anymore in years. Each side gets their own returns.

happy7

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:37 pm
When we married off our daughter, the chosson’s family got their own envelopes for return cards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics