Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
No normal jobs for an experienced male
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:29 am
My husband is desperate for a job. He’s been working for the last twelve years. He’s talented, hardworking and devoted. He’s extremely creative and is talented in graphics, video and photography and is a genius in computers and tech. At this point though, he doesn’t even care what area of work, he just needs a job. He’s willing and able to learn and be trained in new skills. All the jobs we’ve seen are like 50-60k a year. We have a large family bH and he was making triple digits before he lost his job. We won’t make it on an entry level salary. (Also, this is me talking, he’s worth so much more than an entry level employee.)

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:31 am
The job market in Lakewood for men is surprisingly tough. I’m so sorry. I hope someone gives you good advice here.

I assume he’s spoken with recruiters? Have you tried Swift Staffing Group?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:56 am
This doesn't make sense, I'm not saying I don't believe you but trying to understand. Part time woman are asking for $1000 weekly for 18-20 hours a week, and a full time man that has experience and qualifications gets $1150 weekly?

Something doesn't add up.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:58 am
Has he tried pcs?

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 12:59 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
This doesn't make sense, I'm not saying I don't believe you but trying to understand. Part time woman are asking for $1000 weekly for 18-20 hours a week, and a full time man that has experience and qualifications gets $1150 weekly?

Something doesn't add up.

Most office jobs are just for women in Lakewood. They want to have women only offices, so those jobs are not available for men.

The job market for men is a whole different story.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:00 am
Can he go out on his own?
Look into wedding halls they often offer photographer part of their package
Look into surrounding areas too

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:01 am
Also big local companies like LTC and bitbean are full of men.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:04 am
There seems to be a need for more wedding/event photographers. Maybe he can try freelancing? He might havta spend a bit at first on photography gear that works for big events but eventually can be very lucrative.
He can also work under a wedding photographer as they always need assistants.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:48 am
Can you send me his resume?

I am a recruiter in Lakewood

You can email me at applyjobofferonline@gmail.com

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:51 am
What was he doing until now?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:58 am
Would he take an office job? Like a secretary but for a male that might prefer a male. I heard of a job on linked in, I can check if still avail. I don't know the pay but I'm assuming in line with other secretary jobs in Lakewood

Song4eva

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 5:32 am
PCS has a lot of options , they set my husband up with a very well paying job, no experience.
Call to set up an interview
I’m surprised about what you are saying about the job market bec it wasn’t my experience
Can you search outside of Lakewood as well?
Did you try MacherUSA for listings?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 6:34 am
Yes the job market in Lakewood for men is very hard!!! My husband was out of a job for 5 months and just took one with a 20k cut.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 6:43 am
There are no jobs for men in Lakewood signed someone who tried and is now trying to build up his own business and making no money

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:04 am
Thank you all.
He has tried recruiters, he has tried networking. He’s literally willing to do anything to support the family, he doesn’t care what. He’s willing to take a pay cut. He’s willing to commute. We’re even willing to move elsewhere for the right opportunity. He’s freelancing right now but needs a steady job. He’s literally a brilliant and hardworking man and any place would be lucky to have him if they would only give him a chance.
To the recruiter amother, will send his resume, thanks.

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:14 am
Song4eva wrote:
PCS has a lot of options , they set my husband up with a very well paying job, no experience.
Call to set up an interview
I’m surprised about what you are saying about the job market bec it wasn’t my experience
Can you search outside of Lakewood as well?
Did you try MacherUSA for listings?

Does he have qualifications? What type of job is well paying and doesn’t need experience? Thanks

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:59 am
amother OP wrote:
My husband is desperate for a job. He’s been working for the last twelve years. He’s talented, hardworking and devoted. He’s extremely creative and is talented in graphics, video and photography and is a genius in computers and tech. At this point though, he doesn’t even care what area of work, he just needs a job. He’s willing and able to learn and be trained in new skills. All the jobs we’ve seen are like 50-60k a year. We have a large family bH and he was making triple digits before he lost his job. We won’t make it on an entry level salary. (Also, this is me talking, he’s worth so much more than an entry level employee.)

Same experience. Dh has been looking for months.... He isn't talented in as many areas as your dh, but still he's hardworking, willing to learn, has some experience.... At most the jobs are paying 60k-70k. This is for full time + hours (9-6/7/8 depending on the day and spefic job). At this point it seems like our options are a- to move. B- start his own business or c - I take on a full time job (there are a lot more jobs and better paying ones for me). I'm really not looking to work 9-5 though with little kids....

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:04 am
My dh is in a similar situation. I think he should just start a business himself. But how and what?

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:12 am
I just saw this-

https://luach.com/full-time-jo.....r-p-t

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:16 am
Maybe this?

https://oorahjobs.org/software-engineer/
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries