Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Looking to redo kitchen on a budget
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 6:12 pm
How much did your kitchen cost? Looking to redo on a budget. Would like 2 dishwashers, sinks, ovens. Don't need anything huge or glamorous. Would need to knock down a small wall.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 6:29 pm
Assume $80k

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:21 pm
I did a small Brooklyn kitchen 3 years ago, on a major budget and it cost us $33k.
Prices have skyrocketed since. I would say at least $50k

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:22 pm
Is everyone joking?? I just re-did my kitchen. Came out to about 35K (including appliances and flooring)

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:25 pm
I just did my kitchen for 90k. It’s mid level. I would say it will be about $50k if ur very careful

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:26 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Is everyone joking?? I just re-did my kitchen. Came out to about 35K (including appliances and flooring)

How?

I think size matters a lot - every cabinet adds up.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:33 pm
My kitchen is not so huge but not tiny either. It didn't sound like OP is dealing with new construction. I'm assuming her kitchen is not huge either.
I live in Lakewood area. We got our cabinets thru dream cabinetry, Quartz counters thru Hard Surface King and flooring from Floor & Decor. We kept 1 old oven and 1 old dishwasher. We got 1 new oven, 1 new dishwasher and 1 new fridge. Kitchen is beautiful, get lots of compliments.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:39 pm
My kitchen is large and on the higher end . I did it a few years back. It was over 100k! Just my cabinets cost 60k

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:40 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
My kitchen is not so huge but not tiny either. It didn't sound like OP is dealing with new construction. I'm assuming her kitchen is not huge either.
I live in Lakewood area. We got our cabinets thru dream cabinetry, Quartz counters thru Hard Surface King and flooring from Floor & Decor. We kept 1 old oven and 1 old dishwasher. We got 1 new oven, 1 new dishwasher and 1 new fridge. Kitchen is beautiful, get lots of compliments.

Did you use a contractor? Who did the demo?

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:52 pm
We did an extension on our house and this was part of the extension. My contractor took care of the demo. Hard for me to put a price on that because we demoed other parts of our house as well.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:52 pm
I just did my kitchen in Brooklyn. So not a huge space. Cabinets alone for laminate can cost 35-50k. 2 dishwashers 2 sinks and oven around 4-6k. Then you need hardware and faucets, lighting, and possibly moving any plumbing can add to cost. Add to that taking down a wall. And if you’re doing flooring add to that. It really adds up. I stupidly thought I would spend 80k it ended up being 200k! And don’t forget countertops and backsplash

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 7:58 pm
amother Olive wrote:
I just did my kitchen in Brooklyn. So not a huge space. Cabinets alone for laminate can cost 35-50k. 2 dishwashers 2 sinks and oven around 4-6k. Then you need hardware and faucets, lighting, and possibly moving any plumbing can add to cost. Add to that taking down a wall. And if you’re doing flooring add to that. It really adds up. I stupidly thought I would spend 80k it ended up being 200k! And don’t forget countertops and backsplash

OK so OP I really don't want to mislead you because I didn't include lighting, faucets and plumbing when I gave my number of 35K.
BUT the cost of my cabinets was about 20K (give or take couple of thousand). We got the wood shaker look but I was told by Dream cabinets that laminate is the same price as shaker (for a mid level kitchen). Not sure why it costed other people so much more. And we just put in our kitchen a few months ago!

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
OK so OP I really don't want to mislead you because I didn't include lighting, faucets and plumbing when I gave my number of 35K.
BUT the cost of my cabinets was about 20K (give or take couple of thousand). We got the wood shaker look but I was told by Dream cabinets that laminate is the same price as shaker (for a mid level kitchen). Not sure why it costed other people so much more. And we just put in our kitchen a few months ago!

Counter tops if you do quartz is another $7k that’s pretty close to $35k. Budget another $7 for lower end appliances. Faucets are around $250 each, handles can add up to a couple of $100s. A new floor with ripping up the old and installing the new tiles (cheap) around $6k if you keep it cheaper. If you do 10 spots you’re looking at $900. I also did a new shade for the window $400. I got matching table, chairs and barstools for around $2500.

happy7

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:24 pm
If you are going to hire a designer, you need to add that into the cost.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:26 pm
happy7 wrote:
If you are going to hire a designer, you need to add that into the cost.

Interior design was actually the cheapest part of my kitchen. I think the designer was disappointed how few hours it came to. We did tile, backsplash and counter in one store and choose kitchen and handles in a second. Then we chose furniture - she gave me a paint color and done.
Oh I also spent around $1250 on a kitchen layout planner.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Seashell wrote:

I did my kitchen last year.
Express kitchens but higher end cabinets from them- 26k
Quartz- 16k
Appliances- $17k
Floor- $5k
Faucets, handles, sinks- $5k
Lighting - $2k
New dinette set $5k
Decorator- don’t remember but prob around $2k
Countruction- was the rest

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:49 pm
Ok, I am actually looking at my invoices now because I want to try to be accurate. I still seemed to have spent less than most of you.
Quartz (countertops only) and 2 sinks - Hard Surface King - $4,355.63
Kitchen cabinets - Dream Cabinetry - $23,629
Installation - Done thru our contractor - About $4,000
2 Faucets - We bought thru Amazon, came recommended and reviews were great - $200 ($100 each)
Flooring - We got a very well priced tile from Floor & Decor. Was $2.37 per sq ft. Hard to give a total because we tiled other rooms as well. Note that installation costs are the most costly part about installing tiles. I do not know how much we paid for that as it was done thru our contractor.
Backsplash - We got a beautiful well priced tile from Step On Me flooring (Our installer charge about $1,000 to install)

Hope this is helpful to some extent

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:59 pm
Thank you everyone for your responses.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:12 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Ok, I am actually looking at my invoices now because I want to try to be accurate. I still seemed to have spent less than most of you.
2 Faucets - We bought thru Amazon, came recommended and reviews were great - $200 ($100 each)
Flooring - We got a very well priced tile from Floor & Decor. Was $2.37 per sq ft. Hard to give a total because we tiled other rooms as well. Note that installation costs are the most costly part about installing tiles. I do not know how much we paid for that as it was done thru our contractor.
Backsplash - We got a beautiful well priced tile from Step On Me flooring (Our installer charge about $1,000 to install)

There is no cost of labor that's why it's so low. When you redo a kitchen the cost of the contractor is a large factor.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Seashell wrote:

And how much did you pay the contractor?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries