Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help me find a community!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:06 pm
We're considering moving to casa grande, arizona, what type of people live there? I know chasidim, but are they open minded? Would I fit in if I wear long wigs, a fall, I drive etc...? I can accept everyone as long as they don't judge me.
Any opinions?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:10 pm
Anyone have info?

spiritualsoul

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:16 pm
Also curious, anyone know?

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:21 pm
The community is still really really small. Not sure an exact amount but I believe under 30 families. The two people I know that live there are very chassidish and frum. The guy that founded the community is ultra frum (shpitzel style). He was trying to be in control of everything there and was making a lot of problems for ppl that came to vacation or for health reasons. But lately he lost his control somewhat w more and more non official residents coming and opening their own shul (cause he wouldn’t allow them to daven if they didn’t buy their houses through him). That’s all I know, there may more ppl your style there but honestly wouldn’t know.

Just disclaimer: I don’t have personal connection to this community, so my info may not be fully accurate. The info I have is from a family member that bought a house there for health reasons, but don’t live there permanently.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:24 pm
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:25 pm
Is there anywhere in the world where I'll be fully accepted for who I am and still be able to be chasidish? It's a difficult life.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there anywhere in the world where I'll be fully accepted for who I am and still be able to be chasidish? It's a difficult life.

I feel you, it’s really tough. I’ve seen the thread abt okachobee fl. That may be interesting for you. It’s going to be led by rabbi Moskowitz who’s a very accepting non judgmental person. He founded and runs the school bnos derech yisroel in Monsey.

I wish I would have the guts to pick myself up and move away. But I’m from a very close knit family, and they mean too much to me to just pick myself up and leave them. Its a blessing and a curse.

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:57 pm
I know people like you in chicago. Rabbi Twerskys shul is the nicest group of people.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:22 pm
I met people from there who seem very happy. I also heard from a couple people that they considered it but it was too Chassidish for them.

If you want Chassidish but super open minded you should for sure consider Milwaukee.

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:35 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
I met people from there who seem very happy. I also heard from a couple people that they considered it but it was too Chassidish for them.

If you want Chassidish but super open minded you should for sure consider Milwaukee.

Khal Chasidim is very open minded.

The chassidish kollel crowd probably a lot less so.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:44 pm
Thanks! About milwaukee- my husband said why should we move to a city full of crime, and a Democrat state? So I'm not sure Chicago is the answer:)
Any other ideas?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:50 pm
Providence, Rhode Island LOL
Check out their ad on imamother

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:08 pm
Providence does not look chasidish at all LOL

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 7:34 pm
I'm in the same boat. Would love to move somewhere oot where there are at least some chassidim, but not in a crime ridden city.
Following this thread.

amother
Chicory

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 7:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! About milwaukee- my husband said why should we move to a city full of crime, and a Democrat state? So I'm not sure Chicago is the answer:)
Any other ideas?

The answer would be because you'd be with accepting people and could live the lifestyle you want.

That being said overall I don't believe the chassidish communities in Chicago and Milwaukee are really near the crime you hear about in the news.

amother
Melon

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 8:07 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
Providence, Rhode Island LOL
Check out their ad on imamother

Be very careful before moving there! Many ppl are moving out due to serious issues. We thought about joining the kollel there . We decided it wasn’t for us.

Then a week into the Zman we heard the Rosh kollel picked up
And moved out

amother
Wallflower

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 8:50 pm
amother Melon wrote:
Be very careful before moving there! Many ppl are moving out due to serious issues. We thought about joining the kollel there . We decided it wasn’t for us.

Then a week into the Zman we heard the Rosh kollel picked up
And moved out

My friend moved out of providence RI and a lot of families moved out there.

Moonlight

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 8:57 pm
You could fit into Baltimore

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 9:25 pm
I don't think you have to look so far. You can move to the chasidish neighborhood in Toms River and you won't be judged at all. I know so many nice people there, it's a very nice mix! At the same time the shul has a chassidish taam if you know what I mean.

Schools are hard to get into but I think it's worth it for the community there.
Your boys can go to Tiferes Yechiel but you may have a harder time with the girls. Hard but worth it in my opinion.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 10:05 pm
I would totally move to toms river and send to tiferes yechiel but where should I send my daughter? 2 years ago we tried getting into school and were rejected and given such attitude. I don't know how to push my ways into school. I wish I would have a school to send to in lakewood. I'm so done with it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating