Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Who’s watching the big game on Sunday?!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:04 pm
Woohoo!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:07 pm
What game? LOL

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:07 pm
I have kids! So I might sneak start at 8ish. Worth it?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:09 pm
Im just there to serve the food and for the ada. Before the game I google football words and just randomly yell it out during the game usually at wrong moments.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:17 pm
Puppy bowl? LOL

Sorry, I had to.

amother
Pansy

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:19 pm
DH and kids will be watching. I'll be reading a book or playing on my phone.

Not because I'm against it, I just never got into sports.

amother
Steel

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:27 pm
Any swifties here?

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:37 pm
Bh no one here. I am only aware of it because of the ads out out by all the eateries!

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:37 pm
I'll be giving dh space

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 1:43 pm
Didn’t know there was a game. Didn’t see anything about any.

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:00 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Im just there to serve the food and for the ada. Before the game I google football words and just randomly yell it out during the game usually at wrong moments.

A relative of mine took a girl to a basketball game on a date. During the game one of the players did something that got the crowd excited, so with everyone cheering loudly, the girl screamed, "Touchdown!" They didn't go out again. LOL

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:15 pm
Definitely not me! I'll catch the ads on YouTube the day afterwards.

DH is going to a Game Night Learning Program at a local shul and they're planning on making a siyyum at halftime.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:23 pm
I used to love watching it with my family, we’d have a big party. Now I’m part of a much more yeshivish community, would never fly lol. And I don’t have anything to watch on except my phone I guess. But I would actually really enjoy it Wink

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:25 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
A relative of mine took a girl to a basketball game on a date. During the game one of the players did something that got the crowd excited, so with everyone cheering loudly, the girl screamed, "Touchdown!" They didn't go out again. LOL

Lol. That reminds me of the time my father took me to a night game at Shea Stadium (I'm dating myself - you younger folk would know it as Citi Field). At the end of the game I turned to my father and asked who won. I had gotten so bored watching the baseball game that I had tuned it out and spent my time counting the stadium lights instead. That was the last time my father brought me to a baseball game, but we had plenty of other outings together.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 2:33 pm
I'll be celebrating the end of my football widowship until next yea-- I mean, until the basketball playoffs start.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:26 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
I'll be celebrating the end of my football widowship until next yea-- I mean, until the basketball playoffs start.

Same!

singleagain

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:29 pm
I don't plan on watching it but I'm giving my login to my friends 13-year-old daughter because she wants to watch it with a friend. I was not aware of that this girl liked football.

But I am rooting for the Chiefs because there was once a very nice cheap span who helped me when I was stuck out in KC.

readreread

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 3:31 pm
Meeeee! Not rooting for any team in particular, just want an excuse to hang out with some friends. What is everyone cooking?

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 3:16 pm
Nope. I'm more of a boxer than the football pile up. Punch If you are watching, I do hope you enjoy and have fun.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 7:51 pm
Not me but my older boys will. They were joking around today when I said dinner tomorrow is leftovers from Shabbos and they said they’ll probably be the only ones eating cholent , schnitzel and kugel for the super bowl party . I’m not a fan and I find the obsession with pro sports annoying , to say the least.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics