Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
French macaroons

smilemore

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 11:40 am
Anyone ever made it? Looking for recipe and any tips thanks!

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:09 pm
*Macarons. Macaroons are the pesach stuff that come in tins

https://youtu.be/MjVgIXccYXA?s.....4z3Tj

This video is very helpful for making macarons

Amarante

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:26 pm
Are you a reasonably good baker

This is an excellent tutorial on baking them so give it a read

https://sallysbakingaddiction......rons/

I like to bake but I find sandwich cookies a potchke. I will break down and make Linzer Cookies because home made ones are so divine Very Happy but I try to stay away from baked goods that rely on how they look as a good part of their appeal as I tend to be a bit clumsy.

If you are looking for a pretty cookie, the Italian Tricolor Cookies are easier to make because they are essentially bar cookies - they taste delicious as well if you like almond paste - which I love

smilemore

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:33 pm
Amarante wrote:
Are you a reasonably good baker

This is an excellent tutorial on baking them so give it a read

https://sallysbakingaddiction......rons/

I like to bake but I find sandwich cookies a potchke. I will break down and make Linzer Cookies because home made ones are so divine Very Happy but I try to stay away from baked goods that rely on how they look as a good part of their appeal as I tend to be a bit clumsy.

If you are looking for a pretty cookie, the Italian Tricolor Cookies are easier to make because they are essentially bar cookies - they taste delicious as well if you like almond paste - which I love

Thanks!!
I can't see the picture of the Italian tricolor cookie my filter is blocking it. Can you shn me a link?
The link for the French macaroons is a random site to oh found or you know dinnertime that make it? Thanks

smilemore

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:34 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
*Macarons. Macaroons are the pesach stuff that come in tins

https://youtu.be/MjVgIXccYXA?s.....4z3Tj

This video is very helpful for making macarons

Oops! Thanks for the correction .

Amarante

Post Fri, Feb 09 2024, 12:40 pm
smilemore wrote:
Thanks!!
I can't see the picture of the Italian tricolor cookie my filter is blocking it. Can you shn me a link?
The link for the French macaroons is a random site to oh found or you know dinnertime that make it? Thanks

I don't know what shn is

Sally's Baking Addiction is a very valid baking site. I posted it specifically because of its reputation and it also has pictures which I find helpful when making these kinds of items.

But I can't vouch for the actual recipe - only the technique being helpful.

There are certain bakers that I really trust like Dorie Greenspan, Maida Heatter or even Ina Garten for simpler stuff. Never had a bad outcome using their recipes because they give such scrupulous and careful instructions.

Maida Heatter's brownies are the food made for goddesses and her version of Flourless Chocolate Cake is aptly called Queen Mother's Cake because it was one of the Queen Mother's favorite desserts.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Feb 10 2024, 4:21 pm
Just be prepared to spend a lot of time on it. Even very experienced bakers usually have a hard time making macarons, they are very technical
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics