Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Amazing Savings (New Utrecht) incompetent employees!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:12 am
I was ready to pay for a few items on the one open cashier line on Friday, right before closing.

Right in front of me were 2 sweet polite Chassidish teen boys who wanted to buy a a squish ball toy. The toy costed $7. The boys only had $5 cash and an American Express Card. Amazing Savings doesnt take American Express. The boys said ok, can I have my $5 back. Only Hashem knows why the cashier person took the boys $5 if it wasnt enough to pay for the toy. For no less than 1/2 hour the cashier and a manager were arguing with the 2 polite boys, saying they cant give the boys their $5.

I asked if they can open another cashier so I can pay for my items. They didnt answer, so I left the store and I figured Id come back when theyre through. When I came back 10 minutes later, all the lights were closed, but I could see through the large glass window that the 2 Chassidish boys were still in the store, with no other customers, I assume still waiting for their $5 back.

Couldnt the manager just cancel the sale and give the boys their $5 back?

It seems the cashier rang it up in a way that couldnt be canceled, and the manager was lecturing her saying "Why did you do it this way?".

Whats with those employees?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:17 am
I had quite a few horrible experiences there, to the point that I don't go in there anymore.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 9:33 am
What do they pay their employees? Does the price point tell you anything?

I always feel bad for the non-Jewish employees in the frum stores by me. They don’t get paid particularly well and work hours conducive to frum life-not theirs. You can say that then they should work somewhere else, but clearly their options are limited, and they are trying to earn an honest living.

Lovable

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 12:08 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
What do they pay their employees? Does the price point tell you anything?

I always feel bad for the non-Jewish employees in the frum stores by me. They don’t get paid particularly well and work hours conducive to frum life-not theirs. You can say that then they should work somewhere else, but clearly their options are limited, and they are trying to earn an honest living.

Huh?! What makes you think they get paid any less than McDonald's or Dunkin workers? Do your research before bashing frum stores

And btw re the bolded
They get way more time off on a frum schedule

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 1:17 pm
I wonder if the boys got their $5 back. I can’t believe that the manager had no way to cancel the purchase!

This $5 craziness had the boys waiting for an hour!

If the boys would have been of another race they may have returned with a gun!

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 1:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wonder if the boys got their $5 back. I can’t believe that the manager had no way to cancel the purchase!

This $5 craziness had the boys waiting for an hour!

If the boys would have been of another race they may have returned with a gun!

wow nothing like overt racism here!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Milk wrote:

Please take off your blinding glasses. When was the last time one of ours came back with a gun to retaliate a stupidity?

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:25 pm
I would've offered them my phone to call their parents

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:37 pm
I feel so bad for them. Why didn’t you just offer to lend (or give) them $2 though?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:38 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
I would've offered them my phone to call their parents

I would’ve offered them the extra $2.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:39 pm
amother Milk wrote:

Thats what I was thinking too. Disgusting. Nauseating.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:40 pm
Why complain here? It would be far more efficient to complain to the store.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:41 pm
amother Peach wrote:
Thats what I was thinking too. Disgusting. Nauseating.

Denial and naivete, doesn't make one a better person or save one from antisemitism or being a their next target ch'v.....

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:46 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I would’ve offered them the extra $2.

Yes, of course, you're right, I that's probably what I really would've done, and have done on many occasions

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Please take off your blinding glasses. When was the last time one of ours came back with a gun to retaliate a stupidity?

I worked as a cashier a number of summers in a store with all different type of shoppers (think something like Target) and never once did anyone come back to retaliate over something stupid over the thousands and thousands of transactions that were performed when I was there. Your comment is racist and stupid.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:08 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Denial and naivete, doesn't make one a better person or save one from antisemitism or being a their next target ch'v.....

The last person to follow me around on a street, cut me off, and then make a highly inappropriate and mildly threatening comment about what I could “give him” was quite Jewish. I ran real fast after that one.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:11 pm
Really though, OP, why didn't you just give them (or pay with a cc) the last $2? And tell them to give it to tzedakah...

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:17 pm
Op, are you going to come back now and say really your the boys mom and can’t understand why that woman didn’t give the $2?

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:37 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I feel so bad for them. Why didn’t you just offer to lend (or give) them $2 though?

I did this multiple times.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:53 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:

Very simple. I also only had an American Express card and very little cash.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries