Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Blow outs every day
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 1:50 pm
My baby is 6 weeks. Every time she poops she has a blow out. Every day I need to scrub onesies and stretchies . I was using target diapers but switched to pampers swaddlers last night.
Well.. she just had a blow out.
Yes the diaper is snug. Yes the ruffles are out. It’s not my first baby. I never had this problems.
When she has tummy time she blows up the front. When I am holding her, she blows out the back. It’s usually 1 stool per day. She is a very happy baby. She eats beautifully.
Help!!!!!!
How am I going to send her to the babysitter with all these blow outs? Many times I have to bathe her.
Looking for a solution!!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 1:55 pm
My sisters baby is the same! Going up a size diaper didn’t help. No solution. It does get better as she gets older.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 2:07 pm
My 10-week-old too! She went through four outfits today. We tried a bigger size but didn’t help. She has the cutest round fat tummy and that’s probably why LOL

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 2:38 pm
How many diapers have you put on her at a time?

2? 3?
And goes through all of them?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 2:45 pm
Solidarity. My 9 week old just had 2 today already. Sizing up diapers usually helps. And I soak the clothes in oxiclean and water until I can wash. Also use diapers that have the elastic on the back.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 3:13 pm
If she is a size one, put a size 2 diaper over her size one diaper.

Doesn't work every time but definitely reduced our laundry load.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 3:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
My baby is 6 weeks. Every time she poops she has a blow out. Every day I need to scrub onesies and stretchies . I was using target diapers but switched to pampers swaddlers last night.
Well.. she just had a blow out.
Yes the diaper is snug. Yes the ruffles are out. It’s not my first baby. I never had this problems.
When she has tummy time she blows up the front. When I am holding her, she blows out the back. It’s usually 1 stool per day. She is a very happy baby. She eats beautifully.
Help!!!!!!
How am I going to send her to the babysitter with all these blow outs? Many times I have to bathe her.
Looking for a solution!!

Normal for nursing babies....
It will get better as she gets older.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 3:21 pm
So funny!!
I saw the title Blow Outs under children’s health and I thought it was going to be about a teen /preteen who is overusing a hair dryer and we are concerned about hair damage (or even hearing)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 4:03 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
My 10-week-old too! She went through four outfits today. We tried a bigger size but didn’t help. She has the cutest round fat tummy and that’s probably why LOL

When did she grow out of the blowouts?

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
When did she grow out of the blowouts?

She didn’t… she still blows out most days, and often several times a day

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 5:01 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
She didn’t… she still blows out most days, and often several times a day
Mad

Oh no!! Think if I try Huggies it will help??

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 5:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Mad

It may help. I found my baby to have less blowouts in Huggies little snugglers (not snug n dry), then pampers swaddlers.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 7:23 pm
I have the same problem with my 14 week old baby!! We just went up to a size 2 diaper, which helped a bit, but she still has blowouts pretty much every day. I have a dedicated dishpan for soaking her clothing now… so gross!! She was in Pampers swaddlers, now she’s in Target diapers. I found Huggies to run smaller.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 7:24 pm
It’s so comforting to know that it’s not just my baby lol! She’s formula fed if that makes a difference.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 4:20 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
I have the same problem with my 14 week old baby!! We just went up to a size 2 diaper, which helped a bit, but she still has blowouts pretty much every day. I have a dedicated dishpan for soaking her clothing now… so gross!! She was in Pampers swaddlers, now she’s in Target diapers. I found Huggies to run smaller.

Had the same with my baby, now 13 weeks. I went up to size 3 about a month ago- and mostly not having blowouts anymore.
Also, I started shpritzing peroxide on the onesie as soon as they get dirty. Even if I don’t have time to scrub, just throw it in the wash after- I rarely have to soak them now!

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:03 pm
Just want to say please don't scrub anything. Soak in hot water and oxiclean overnight.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:08 pm
Oh my sounds like my kids! I thought I was the only one dealing with this nastiness LOL

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:51 pm
Had that too. Got better when she was a few months older.
Either try another brand or wait it out. It’s lots of work 😲

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Mad

Only try huggies snugglers regular ones leak

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:49 pm
Just want to say for those that don’t know; the way to remove the onsies with blowouts is from top down.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics