Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO mid range hotel in J-m for woman travelling alone

bubbynay

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 7:43 pm
I will please G-d be travelling by myself to Israel at the end of May for a family wedding. Does anyone have a recommendation
for a small, clean hotel or single room with private bath in ירושלים preferably in מרכז העיר? Does not have to be fancy (I have stayed at the Montefiore on numerous occasions).

I tried airbnb but most of the listings are in buildings with no elevator or have steps to the room. I dont want to shlep a heavy case plus hand luggage by myself. Does not have to serve food as I will be out for שבת and during the week I can get my own meals. A fridge and maybe a קומקום for tea would be great.
Thank you!

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 7:49 pm
Eldan (across from the King David) or Little House in the Colony or Little House in Baka. You could also try Ramat Rachel, but that's a little further out of the way and not really walkable if you're going out on Shabbos.

bubbynay

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 8:12 pm
Thanks! I will look into these places.

essie14

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 8:20 pm
Little house in rechavia
Jerusalem Gate Hotel

bubbynay

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 8:39 pm
Thanks for the suggestions! I will look into them

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 8:45 pm
Ramat Rachel is impractical if you are going to walk to central Jerusalem for Shabbat meals.

Have you tried searching on Hotels.com, Agoda.com, or Booking.com?

orangeuglad

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:19 pm
I'm in the same situation, but need to be in or near Bayit Vegan. Any leads? Has anyone heard of Holyland Apartments? Because I'm traveling alone I feel like I need to check out the place more carefully.

salt

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:36 pm
orangeuglad wrote:
I'm in the same situation, but need to be in or near Bayit Vegan. Any leads? Has anyone heard of Holyland Apartments? Because I'm traveling alone I feel like I need to check out the place more carefully.

Beit Ha'arahca, Rechov Hapisga.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 11:29 pm
Kings hotel on king George is nice . The one on penus is a little cheaper but this one is a little nicer and better location

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:03 am
Just realize that all the mid-range hotels are full of refugees

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:30 am
Yes but many still have rooms available. I'm at kings now and it has refugees but still has rooms availble too

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:13 am
If you dont specifically want a hotel, I have found a small short term rental a couple of times on tivuchkesher.com. I was looking in the shefa area, they do have other areas as well, there were plenty of small apartments with kitchens that suited me perfectly. They were very helpful, and once I let them know what I was looking for, they sent me a few options and I could choose the best for my needs. They were neat and clean, linen and towels etc provided.

There are other tivuchim as well, a relative found something on jdira.com.

bubbynay

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:31 am
These are all really good tips. I am actually going to be out of the “hotel” for שבת first at an aufruf and the second שבת at שבע ברכות. Therefore, walking isnt the problem. My issue is that while I have flown by myself to Israel and travelled a bit on my own I have never stayed by myself. I went with my husband (sometimes with our kids) or I stayed with a relative. This is the first time I will be truly alone. I took the subway in NYC to high school and college and work, so I get around fine on my own. Given the situation in the world these days I want to be truly in the center of town (near King George or Ben Yehuda) so when I return late at night or want to go out to get something there are always people around. I think I am leaning towards a hotel as it seems like it would be safer than a single guest room.
The Montefiore is booked and the Kings is over $200 a night. Thanks for the tip about rooms being occupied by refugees. I was wondering why so many places had no rooms. Thanks also for the websites. I had mostly looked on booking.com and airbnb.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:16 am
Did you try calling the kings directly? I booked for my kids yesterday with breakfast yesterday by speaking tot he front desk and it was 164$ in American money . You tell them u are a visited so vast isn't charged. When I booked through a travel agent about a month ago - also with breakfast - it was about 175. The location is amazing and the call taxis for u if you need it and are super nice

bubbynay

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:45 am
I didnt think to call directly, thanks for the idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions