Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Remote/work from home job
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:25 pm
Any idea where I can look for a work from home job? I’m ok with a lower salary but really need it to be remote. Having a hard time finding anything.

Ellie7

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:40 pm
Well, what’s your field? What sort of job? What are you good at?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 12:58 pm
I’m organized and task driven. I’m looking for office work or case management. Any ideas where I can loom or who to call?

lakewooder

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:01 pm
start by looking on linked in or indeed - apply for remote jobs within your skill set.

Lizzie4

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:02 pm
I saw this on LinkedIn, posted by a recruiter:

I am in a recruiter chat and this subject came up

The age of remote work as the standard is pretty much over

We still get tons of candidates asking for remote work

But almost all our clients want in person again

Covid created an unrealistic expectation that it’s easy/expected to get remote work

But for most companies that is not the ideal

And they are going back to in person employees

The only positions I have seen recently that are remote

Are very specialized roles

And the job seekers reaching out to me for remote roles

Are often looking to do basic admin and secretarial work.

The issue with that is,

IF a company actually was willing to hire people remotely to do admin work,

They almost always will go to an overseas candidate/staffing agency

And pay a fraction of minimum wage.

So moral of the story,

It might be time to start accepting the fact that you either need to go back in the office or you probably won’t find a job

This is not meant to be harsh

Just an evaluation of the job market.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:05 pm
Look at jobsgemach. I know a few who got remote positions that way.
Here’s one listing:
https://www.jobsgemach.com/job.....nt-4/

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:05 pm
Last I checked, Oorah had remote customer service jobs (if you live in lakewood- dont tell them that). I believe it was around $18 an hour though

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:07 pm
Try Data Annotation. It’s work training AI so it requires perfect spelling and grammar and a high IQ. They pay $20+ an hour 1099. Work hard on the entry exam, they try tricking you with the questions.

https://www.dataannotation.tech/

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:12 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Try Data Annotation. It’s work training AI so it requires perfect spelling and grammar and a high IQ. They pay $20+ an hour 1099. Work hard on the entry exam, they try tricking you with the questions.

Have you gotten accepted? It's EXTREMELY hard, most people don't.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:16 pm
amother Jade wrote:
Have you gotten accepted? It's EXTREMELY hard, most people don't.

I don’t think I got accepted, haven’t heard back from them and I applied a month and a half ago.

It’s worth a try, it would have been a convenient, no obligation side gig with interesting work for me.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:33 pm

What does it mean to train AI? Can you explain more what the actual job is, like what practically are you doing when you are working?
Can someone with zero computer or technology experience do this?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:59 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
What does it mean to train AI? Can you explain more what the actual job is, like what practically are you doing when you are working?
Can someone with zero computer or technology experience do this?

You just need to know how to type and click on things, no tech knowledge required. The entry exam had me writing a few short essays and reviewing potential AI responses to questions for accuracy. You have to know how to do online research I guess, that’s how you check things for accuracy.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:03 pm
You just need to know how to type and click on things, no tech knowledge required. The entry exam had me writing a few short essays and reviewing potential AI responses to questions for accuracy.

What topics did you have to write essays on?

writinggirl

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:07 pm
I just saw a posting for the company Fun and Function. They make therapy toys and materials. Maybe contact them?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:08 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
What topics did you have to write essays on?

There was one that was a creative writing exercise which I found fun and hilarious. I had to write from the perspective of an octopus in someone’s office on a specific date which you had to google to find out what happened to that person on that date to include it in what the octopus was seeing. They didn’t tell you to do that, you had to think of it which shows the type of testing they’re doing.

The others were more fact based like I had to list reasons why a specific book was a good or bad recommendation based on a reader liking a different book. You had to google to find details about the books and think it through. I found it really fun because I like researching and writing. Wish I got in!

Yosefs Mother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:08 pm
Hey
I actually work for a company that has a need for frum remote workers.

They are proud employers of skilled Jewish girls residing in South America and more.

If you have Quickbooks Experience and are looking for a fulfilling & Growth oriented Work-from-home Job then you can email our HR Dept: obsposition@gmail.com for more.

Opposed to what @Lizzie4 is saying, our company specifically likes to hire remote workers, and davka frum women, which makes us great fit for out of town kollel wives that are looking for a respectable parnassa opportunity

....as long as you have Quickbooks Experience....

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:23 pm
OBS HR Dept wrote:
Hey
I actually work for a company that has a need for frum remote workers.

They are proud employers of skilled Jewish girls residing in South America and more.

If you have Quickbooks Experience and are looking for a fulfilling & Growth oriented Work-from-home Job then you can email our HR Dept: obsposition@gmail.com for more.

Opposed to what @Lizzie4 is saying, our company specifically likes to hire remote workers, and davka frum women, which makes us great fit for out of town kollel wives that are looking for a respectable parnassa opportunity

....as long as you have Quickbooks Experience....

I might be interested, can you give more details re hour, salary and benefits?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:31 pm
I work remotely as a case manager for Early Intervention. I'm assuming a lot of early intervention companies allow remote work, I would call all the frum ones first and start from there.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 7:37 pm
Check bpweekly.com I was bh very successful and found a remote job which I love through their website.

They have a new one every Wednesday.

Type in "remote" in the search bar.

Good luck!

Light1234

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 7:44 pm
If you live in the US, try looking on Macher.com. I think that most employers posting there want in-person, but you might be able to find an employer that is open to "local remote," meaning that you need to live in the region but can do the work from home.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics