Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pediatric endodontist lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:35 pm
my 9 year old may need a root canal on an adult tooth. I got 2 names, shore endodontics and advanced endo. can anyone recommend either ?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:38 pm
There’s really no such thing as a pediatric endodontist. As a dental professional, the roots aren’t fully developed until approx age 14. The best option is going to your regular dentist to ask them to perform a pulpectomy until your child is age appropriate. Ramifications can include having more root growth after the root canal treatment and compromising the integrity of the procedure as well as not being able to properly clean everything out.

eta there’s a difference between a pulpotomy and a pulpectomy. Please ask your pedodontist.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:44 pm
we've been by the pediatric dentist multiple times and they loaded it with medicine but she's still in pain. they can't figure out why so sending me to a endodontist to see ..

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:56 pm
I hear- that sounds pretty standard. They probably don’t want to take the responsibility of opening it up. If they’re comfortable doing the pulpectomy to try and buy time that would be best in my opinion. however, you’re possibly looking at an extraction otherwise because it’s risky for them to do a pulpectomy. Much Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 2:06 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
I hear- that sounds pretty standard. They probably don’t want to take the responsibility of opening it up. If they’re comfortable doing the pulpectomy to try and buy time that would be best in my opinion. however, you’re possibly looking at an extraction otherwise because it’s risky for them to do a pulpectomy. Much Hatzlacha!

oh gosh. so any recommendations for a specific endodontist?

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:42 pm
We used Dr Zohn for my son who was about 9. Was a good experience.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:35 pm
amother RosePink wrote:

how long ago was this. did he have good bedside manners for a kid. did u specifically see him?

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:36 pm
We recently used Dr. Zaveloff on Madison and county line. It’s very hard to find an endodontist who sees children. There are some but there is no such thing as a pediatric endodontist. I did a lot of research on this.
I’m not sure if Dr Zaveloff takes insurance. He didn’t take ours but I can honestly say that it was worth it because he was really good. He made my child feel comfortable and was very thorough making sure the job was done perfectly well before we left the office.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:59 am
amother OP wrote:
how long ago was this. did he have good bedside manners for a kid. did u specifically see him?

bump

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 7:11 am
Another vote for dr. Zaveloff. I did a lot of research before using him and was very happy. I did take out dental insurance because my son is on Jersey Care.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 10:30 am
amother RosePink wrote:

I called them today and the receptionist was nasty! she asked if my daughter would behave. I said, I hope so. I mean she's a kid so there's no way to predict. she basically said they wouldn't handle if she misbehaved. I'm looking for other recommendations..

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 10:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I called them today and the receptionist was nasty! she asked if my daughter would behave. I said, I hope so. I mean she's a kid so there's no way to predict. she basically said they wouldn't handle if she misbehaved. I'm looking for other recommendations..

There aren’t any other recommendations.
Call Dr Zaveloff. He has patience for kids.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:50 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
There aren’t any other recommendations.
Call Dr Zaveloff. He has patience for kids.

he won't see someone so young. help! I'm getting nowhere.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:00 am
amother OP wrote:
is he new? how come noone has heard of him locally

He is not a new endodontist. He probably opened his practice in Lakewood around 3 years ago but before then he worked elsewhere for many years.
Most people in Lakewood are looking for free service= Medicaid- which he does not accept.
Also it’s not so common for kids to need an endodontist so the choices are really limited.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:00 am
amother OP wrote:
he won't see someone so young. help! I'm getting nowhere.

How old is your son? He treated my 11 year old

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:02 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
He is not a new endodontist. He probably opened his practice in Lakewood around 3 years ago but before then he worked elsewhere for many years.
Most people in Lakewood are looking for free service= Medicaid- which he does not accept.
Also it’s not so common for kids to need an endodontist so the choices are really limited.

Yes I did tons of research. He has a great reputation and worked in Williamsburg for a while, I think.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:04 am
amother Aster wrote:
How old is your son? He treated my 11 year old

im not looking for free. just honest and someone that will see this age. eisner and Blume won't either see so young

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:54 am
amother OP wrote:

im not looking for free. just honest and someone that will see this age. eisner and Blume won't either see so young

You’re lucky Eisner and Blume won’t see your child. Had a horrific experience there.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 12:00 pm
I don’t understand why you won’t see Zaveloff? He’s honest, gentle, patient.. and is probably the only one who will agree to work on a young child.
I only had to take one child to see him and I did so much research before hand. It ended up being really good appointment (as far as a root canal is concerned). I didn’t expect it to go so well.
Also, according to the dentist my child needed 2 root canal’s. He spent a lot of time looking at the teeth and taking X-rays and said that only 1 root canal was necessary. So you don’t have to worry about having work done unnecessarily.
If you find someone else you can let us know.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 12:01 pm
Oh! Zaveloff won’t see your child?? I’m surprised. I have no idea what you’re supposed to do!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries