Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
If you are the OP of a thread...

safetynet1

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:10 pm
Do you feel the need or pressure to keep the thread going? Constantly respond to posters?

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:11 pm
Depends what the Friday is me. Personally, I do like to interact with a thread because I usually ask Barry. You know more like conversation provoking so I want to keep a conversation going but I totally understand if people just you know, ask her information and they get it. It would be nice to have one you know. Thanks but no one's obligated

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:16 pm
Not really. But then again I usually only start threads if I have a specific question. Once I have my answer, I'm good.
I tend not to start discussions or debates, nor do I seek out advice for or share personal issues.

I respond to threads as long as they hold my interest. I find that I lose interest in threads that go on too long or around in circles whether I start them or not.

Success10

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:19 pm
I do feel a need to answer posters, it seems polite, if they put in the time to write. But I don't keep it going for no reason, if the thread naturally wants to fade away, or just never took off.

safetynet1

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:28 pm
I sometimes wonder at it. I dont understand why imas have to rehash a million times the same thing.. It was said, now please continue.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:30 pm
singleagain wrote:
Depends what the Friday is me. Personally, I do like to interact with a thread because I usually ask Barry. You know more like conversation provoking so I want to keep a conversation going but I totally understand if people just you know, ask her information and they get it. It would be nice to have one you know. Thanks but no one's obligated

Huh? 🤔
Yes I feel like I need to thank people, or reply to their questions if I start a thread.

imthatawesome

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:46 pm
singleagain wrote:

Did you use voice to text?

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:46 pm
Yes but not if it becomes a bashing session. Then I just bow out

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:49 pm
I think a lot will depend on the type of thread it is. A simple question, once I've got my answer, I might have a follow up question, but then that's it. I have my answer, I don't need to keep it going. Sometimes, if I remember, I will try and go back to a thread to thank a poster if something worked out well. Like if I asked for a recipe for something, then I might go back and say I tried it and it was delicious.
Something that's more emotionally driven, a sholom bayis thread, or other emotional types of threads are more likely to go on longer. Firstly as more people seem to enjoy engaging with them and the more replies you get, the more the thread goes on for. Also because you can't say your entire life story and all the other pieces in one opening post, the op will often add in details, or clarify details.
And if this is the only place they have opened up about the issue, they may want to keep the thread going because they are looking for the support, as they can't get it irl.

Reality

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:13 pm
I don't start threads often. When I do it's usually because a topic interests me. Very rarely it's to ask a question. An interesting topic hopefully leads to an interesting conversation so I most certainly respond to posters. A random question? I thank the helpful posters and that should be the end of the thread.

bebrave

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:20 pm
singleagain wrote:

I'm thinking this post will have the thread go on for longer than expected here. It seems op already got her answer but a lot of us are still left puzzled about this post. Laugh

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:22 pm
imthatawesome wrote:
Did you use voice to text?

Yes, I used voice to text. I'm sorry I do that often. And I think what happened was someone else was talking while I was and that's why the confusion.

I basically if I started discussion yes I come back to it quite frequently sometimes even as much as after every post or two.

But if it's a question, I totally understand what a poster doesn't come back. It would be nice to occasionally get a thank you, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. It's not a big deal.

The truth is I don't start threads all that often.

safetynet1

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:24 pm
I'm actually enjoying the responses. The other thing on the threads I've noticed is that some posters are so invested in certain threads as though its personal. They take another persons opinions as though its an attack. Chill! You can agree to disagree

bebrave

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:25 pm
singleagain wrote:
Yes, I used voice to text. I'm sorry I do that often. And I think what happened was someone else was talking while I was and that's why the confusion.

I basically if I started discussion yes I come back to it quite frequently sometimes even as much as after every post or two.

But if it's a question, I totally understand what a poster doesn't come back. It would be nice to occasionally get a thank you, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. It's not a big deal.

Makes sense!

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:26 pm
safetynet1 wrote:
I'm actually enjoying the responses. The other thing on the threads I've noticed is that some posters are so invested in certain threads as though its personal. They take another persons opinions as though its an attack. Chill! You can agree to disagree

I definitely find that certain topics feel more personal to me often because of some personal experience. I do agree though that it is healthy to occasionally step back and remind yourself that it's not necessarily a personal attack on yourself because they don't even know your whole story.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:27 pm
singleagain wrote:

No worries! I found it funny 😄 so thanks for the laugh.

safetynet1

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:29 pm
People that use aggressive language are generally insecure with their position, so that's definitely not something to be taken seriously. And if someone disagrees with you in a nice way. Its just their opinion

singleagain

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:31 pm
amother Sage wrote:
No worries! I found it funny 😄 so thanks for the laugh.

Glad to be the cause of laughter. 🤣🤣🤣

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:36 pm
Yea I do try to respond to other posters who comment on my threads, even just to say thank you for their input.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 3:40 pm
Yes I feel the need to respond every so often.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics